hydauilic transmission fluid?

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #1  

dbrother

Tractor
mahindra 2015
Can I use Travellers htf sold at tsc in my Mahindra 2015?

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #2  
dbrother,

I have never used the Travellers htf/utf sold by tractor supply, I am sure it will work fine, but I tend to shy away from it. I have read on TBN in the past that most users preferred not to use it. Others may be able to wade in based on their experiences.

If you have any heavy machinery parts dealers near by, you might see if you can pick up a pale of Mobil 424. I have been running it for about 100 hours now in my 2816 with good results.

Good luck!

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #3  
I use it in my Massey but I would not use it in my HST trans.

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #4  
My understanding is the Travellers UTF is a premium fluid.

My Kioti dealer sells Xtreme UTF which, from my searching, does not spec as well as the Travellers. I intend to use Travellers on an upcoming service for my Kioti HST.

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #5  
My understanding is the Travellers UTF is a premium fluid.

My Kioti dealer sells Xtreme UTF which, from my searching, does not spec as well as the Travellers. I intend to use Travellers on an upcoming service for my Kioti HST.

Did you or are you changing your Fluid at 50 hours?

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #6  
I'll be doing the 50 in a few weeks.

I had to rob a few liquor stores to pay for all the filters, so it delayed me a bit.

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #7  
I'll be doing the 50 in a few weeks.

I had to rob a few liquor stores to pay for all the filters, so it delayed me a bit.

That HST filter is a Killer. I did not change Fluid at 50 only Filters

/ hydauilic transmission fluid? #8  
I see there is a huge debate about the need - but - I figure, if I drop $30K on the tractor, why scrimp on $100 of fluid?

After dropping $80 on the transmission filter at the dealer .. I spotted it online for $30 - $49. The HST filter, however, required much perserverence and ultimately cost $65. IMO neither is actually worth more than 10 bucks!