Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Default Mahindra 4035 PST shuttle lever adjustment for neutral safety switch

My 4035 PST had an issue with the F/N/R shuttle lever where you'd have to lift and pull it slightly towards reverse in order to activate the neutral safety switch. It was getting annoying so I decided to dig into it and see if there was an adjustment on the shifter cable. I did find an adjustment, but it's not on the cable itself. Rather, it's on the bracket that holds the cable end, on the transmission end of the cable. You can access from underneath the tractor, behind the fuel tank. The shifter cable sheath is purple, so it's not hard to find. There are two screws that hold the bracket in place, and the bracket holes are slotted. I'll try to get a photo and post it later.

Tractor
    Looking

Did you ever take photos? I am having trouble with my PST where it is VERY hard to shift into and out of gear. I am trying to figure out what to adjust. It is such a pain to load up the tractor for a two hour ride to the dealer. Not to mention the diesel to make the trip.

Tractor
    2012 Mahindra 5035

Default Re: Mahindra 4035 PST shuttle lever adjustment for neutral safety switch

dhaymon, I have a 5035 PST that got so bad it would not shift at all. On the 5035 there is no adjustment for a hard shift. I disassembled the shifting mechanism, cleaned and greased the detent ball and spring, deburred the detent plate. shifts easily now. Tractor had 20 hours. Like you my dealer is 2 hours away, so I did this myself, very easy.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Many Mahindras

Default Re: Mahindra 4035 PST shuttle lever adjustment for neutral safety switch

Just spray a little PB blaster on the detent mechanism will cure the problem. It is something you may need to do as regular manitence to keep the shift lever working smoothly.

Tractor
    Looking

PB Blaster is awesome isn't it! I hadn't thought of that, but tried it after reading the reply and it works like new. Thanks !