3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #1  

reward

Tractor
Mahindra 3315
Hi guys, new here, great site! I saw a post somewhere about the bolts holding the case to the end off the front axle coming lose, noticed a leak under my 3215 & sure enough they were lose & leaking fluid. Raised the front high enough to tighten up & have 1 broken bolt. Can't get at it to drill a straight hole for an easy out so looks like I'm going to have to pull the case off of the axle tube, just wondering if anyone has done it & if they could walk me thru it, thanks in advance!

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #2  
Hi guys, new here, great site! I saw a post somewhere about the bolts holding the case to the end off the front axle coming lose, noticed a leak under my 3215 & sure enough they were lose & leaking fluid. Raised the front high enough to tighten up & have 1 broken bolt. Can't get at it to drill a straight hole for an easy out so looks like I'm going to have to pull the case off of the axle tube, just wondering if anyone has done it & if they could walk me thru it, thanks in advance!

I also had a broken bolt on the front axle, but I was able to easily remove it. Most of the bolts on the right side were loose. I did not have to pull the case off. Good luck!!

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #3  
You may try a right angle adapter for your hand drill. They are relatively cheap. Then you could use an easy out.

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle
You may try a right angle adapter for your hand drill. They are relatively cheap. Then you could use an easy out.

I did try that but the axle tube flares out enough that I still can't drill straight, thanks for the suggestion though.

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #5  
Is there enough of the Broken bolt sticking out that you can tap it out with a cold chisel, or cut a slot in it with a hack saw blade so that you can put a right angle screw driver on it to back it out?

Nope, the bolt is broke 1/2" in, probably the thickness of the flange on the axle tube, I don't see any way but to take it apart.

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #7  
Is this the front end they put on the 3016 as well? If so, where are these bolts holding what case? What is being considered "the case"? Pivot shaft assembly? Front drive housing?

I am not sure if it's the same, from what I could gather from a parts diagram online this is the case bolted to the end of the axle tube that the tire bolts to, if that makes sense. It has front wheel assist, I saw a post on here that said it was common to have the bolts come loose, I'll see if I can find it. I am just wondering if I can unbolt it, pull the case off far enough to remove the broken bolt, & then bolt it back.

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #9  
Just remove the other bolts and it comes apart.

/ 3215 Broken bolt in Front Axle #10  
This is what is on the 3016 and 3616 front end 4wd casing wise. Are you meaning the bolts that are visible holding the 4wd housing to the axle? Anyone know the torque specs for these ?

Attachments

• PA033302.jpg
    PA033302.jpg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 1,114
  • PA033304.jpg
    PA033304.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 1,168