Loader 3215 gear - loader slow

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #1  

Rich228

Tractor
john deere
I have a mahindra 3215 that has always suffered from slow loader controls but it seems to be getting worse . I noticed oil around the bottom of the valve . Its not from a fitting . All of the loader functions are slow ( float hardly works at all) but the rest of the machine works fine. Any ideas? loader valve 1.jpgloader valve 2.jpgloader valve 1.jpgloader valve 2.jpg

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #2  
What hydraulic fluid are you using? When were filters last changed?
Cold weather is not friendly with Hyd. fluid as it tends to thicken up. My loader works slow this time of year for the first 5 minutes. Once the fluid warms up it works fine. I use fluid from Tractor Supply. My loader valve was replaced under warranty the first year I owned it but that was due to an internal leak down. The loader bucket was dropping 2-3" in a few minutes with a load in it. It possible a fluid and filter change may correct the problem. Ask your dealer, its possible that the valve might need to be dismantled and cleaned by your dealer if that doesn't correct the problem.

/ 3215 gear - loader slow
George , thanks for the reply . I use standard UTF oil from Napa and the filters were replaced about a month ago. Although its really cold out , I had the tractor in a heated garage and even attached my backhoe to test it out . The BH , steering , transmission and even the 3pt work fine . I dont know what the make of the loader valve is but I have a feeling its the culprit. All of the loader functions were slow when I bought it but its really bad now ( reving the engine doesnt help either) . I hope its just a relief or maybe a bad return hose from the loader valve .

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #4  
If you have quick disconnects; my dealer told me air gets into the system through those disconnects, especially when opening or making connections.

A few no load cycles and the air will eventually make its way out; how, I do not know. :confused3:

Checking for air coming-in may be worth the effort.

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #5  
Rich,
I would take your loader quick disconnects apart and make sure they are not obstructing the flow. The hydraulic flow on your tractor goes through your loader valve 1st, then on to your backhoe, and then on to your 3PH. That indicates to me that your problem may be between the loader valve and the loader cylinders. I would check the loader disconnects to see if something isn't restricting them. I hope this helps and good luck with it.

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #6  
Rich,
I would take your loader quick disconnects apart and make sure they are not obstructing the flow. The hydraulic flow on your tractor goes through your loader valve 1st, then on to your backhoe, and then on to your 3PH. That indicates to me that your problem may be between the loader valve and the loader cylinders. I would check the loader disconnects to see if something isn't restricting them. I hope this helps and good luck with it.

Exactly my thoughts.

/ 3215 gear - loader slow
Well, I pulled all of the quick connects apart and didnt find anything stuck in them . I also swapped the quick connects around and didnt notice any change . The valve seems to be leaking more from the covers on the bottom of the loader valve . I checked the top of the valve and the fittings , the oil is definitely coming from the 2 caps on the bottom of the valve . Any idea what brand was used on my machine and is it worth buying new seals and o-rings ? Is there a better loader valve for my machine ?

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #8  
When it comes to fluid dynamics; I am no Benoit Mandelbrot (not even close), but I am sure air or debris (or anything other than hydraulic fluid) is replacing the fluid (pressure) in that system.

Somebody with more experience will come along to look at the pics; and be able to analyze them.

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #9  
If I am not mistaken, I believe that your valve is a Prince valve.
If you are leaking fluid from the bottom caps, the lower spool seals must be bad, and that would make perfect sense that the float wouldn't work as the float mechanism is located in the spool cap which may be full of oil. I would remove the valve and take it to a hydraulics repair place near you. I know there is one on Walden Ave. on the east side of Buffalo, and I can't think of the name of it right now.
Don't be surprised if they can't repair it, and you may need to replace the whole valve.

/ 3215 gear - loader slow #10