Need some info on the 3016, 3616

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #1  

alia176

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3316HST
I'm currently shopping for a tractor and the 3016/3616 vs Kubota L3200 keep coming up. My local Kubota dealer wants to sell me the last L3200HST on his lot at list price.

The lifting capacity of the loader (not bucket) between the two tractors is astounding. 3016 can lift 1650 lbs vs 1131 lbs for the L3200. The question that begs to be asked is the front axle on the 3016 designed accordingly? I wasn't able to find out any real data on Mahindra's site.

I read somewhere on this site that the 3616 & 3016 are all Mitsubishi manufactured, not just the engine. Is this accurate?

I'm planning on going to the Mahindra dealer this week. I'm curious if the BH is similar to the Kubota BH with 4 pin quick disconnect to the subframe. Guess I'll find out.

Does the 3016/3616 have the famous "jerky" 3 point hitch issue as the Kubota L series does?

It'd be nice to hear from someone who owns both tractors or made the switch from the Kubota L to the Mahindra 3016/3616.

The plan is to purchase a TBL combo unit. How does one find out the MSRP for the Backhhoe and the Loader?

Thanks for your insight.

Last edited:
   / Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #2  
Yes, Yes, Yes, No I am a dealer, but I am sure any of the owners here would back me up on that.

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #3  
I have used the 3pt on a friend's Kubota as well on my Max25. Both were a little smaller than the tractors that you are looking at but i can say with confidence that the 3pt on the Max is much smoother than the one on the Bx.

It almost seemed like the bx had "increments" that the hitch would raise/lower... where the Max is fluid and will stop anywhere. I'm no professional and have limited stick time, but to me... the Max seemed superior.

Just my $0.02

-J

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616
Yes, Yes, Yes, No I am a dealer, but I am sure any of the owners here would back me up on that.

Whew, that's a relief :laughing: The "no" must be referring to "no jerky hitch", LOL!!

I have used the 3pt on a friend's Kubota as well on my Max25. Both were a little smaller than the tractors that you are looking at but i can say with confidence that the 3pt on the Max is much smoother than the one on the Bx.

It almost seemed like the bx had "increments" that the hitch would raise/lower... where the Max is fluid and will stop anywhere. I'm no professional and have limited stick time, but to me... the Max seemed superior.

Just my $0.02

-J

The Kubota dealer educated me on the phone today: The B series have the quarter inch valve whereas the L series have the position control (aka jerky) valve!

Is it me or does the name Kubota tend to drive up the price of tractors a little bit?

Thanks for the feedback.

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616
Have a look at the stats; you will have to scroll down past the eye candy....:cloud9:

3016 4WD HST | Mahindra

I've been looking at those stats for awhile and can't seem to find some answers. Mahindra website leaves much to be desired IMHO (in my humble opinion). It's hard to compare similar size tractors across the vendors when you don't have all the info. Perhaps someone can help out with the following:

- what's the MSRP for the backhoe and FEL?
- what's the MSRP for the pallet fork attachmet?
- what's the bucket lift capacity for both 3016 & 3616? I found the loader cap at 1650 lbs, but not the bucket lift cap.
- what the 3pt hitch llift cap? I see a number of 2646 lbs under the hydraulic section but don't see the lift cap at"24" behind lift points"
- I'm trying to decipher the last two numbers of a model number, do they mean something besides the series number? 3616 = 36 hp, series 16. 4025 = 40 hp, series 25. The cost between these two tractors is minimal but I assume that the frame size is larger, perhaps the drivetrain is more beefy?

Thank you.

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #7  
Whew, that's a relief :laughing: The "no" must be referring to "no jerky hitch", LOL!!

The Kubota dealer educated me on the phone today: The B series have the quarter inch valve whereas the L series have the position control (aka jerky) valve!

Is it me or does the name Kubota tend to drive up the price of tractors a little bit?

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't know the MSRP, and i wont try to recall the numbers exactly. But I bought my Max25 back in October with FEL, MMM and 60in Woods Land rake. I had worked up a package at the local Kubota dealer for a BX2360 with the same attachments. Long story short, the Mahindra package came with more power and ended up being more than $5k less.

After comparing the stats... i couldn't see a single reason to go with the BX. OK, maybe a cup-holder and more user friendly seat belt. But in the end, I wasn't buying a commuter car... so I made the obvious choice.

-J

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #8  
These smaller L series from Kubota are unfortunately way over priced in my mind. I shopped both and ended up with the 3016. I think the Kubota is better built but it had a few things that I just couldn't get by. 1. the jerky 3 pt. 2. The lack of lifting capacity compared to the Mahindra. 3. The front tie rods being exposed. I go through thick woods with mine and would have bent those rods on the first day. 4. You could only mount the tractor from the left side as the loader lever is in the way on the right (unless one is a ferret and I don't come close). 5. Did I say the price for what you were getting?
The 3016 is a capable tractor. The front axle is reenforced with cast gussets so it does not have to be as thickly cast. I bought the geared tractor because 28 hp is not enough in hst in my opinion for the kind of work I do. (I tried them both) I can skid logs out at almost an idle without the engine screaming. The weakness of the 3016 gear in my opinion is the gear lever attachment design. Looks like Fred Flintstone in its simplicity and is definitely a cost cutting measure. For what they wanted for the L3400, I could have bought the Mahindra 4010 which is a tractor and a half more than the 3400 and 3016 for that matter in structural build but it should have been for 5K more than the 3016. Here is a breakdown of where c.u.t Mahindras come from. Tractors ending in 25 or 35 - India. 16 - Japan (and yes the entire tractor is a Mitsubishi) 10 series - Korea. My dealer states that the Mitsu tractors are their least troublesome tractors with hardly a nil coming back since he has sold them. In truth that meant nothing to me as every tractor is individual and so is reliability. I am the type who seems to be able to break solid steel so "whatever" on that account.

Last edited:
   / Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #9  
I recently purchased a 2013 4010 after going through a very similar decision process. The 4010 was so very close to the cost of the 3616 - it just made sense to make the slight jump. I have loved every minute spent with it so far. If you would like any info on it, search my earlier posts or let me know.

-Joe

/ Need some info on the 3016, 3616 #10  
3616 is all Mitz except American Made loader. I bought 3616 over the Kubota B3030? (i think) because I owned two Mitz in Cub Cadet metal and put 1700 hrs on them with 0 issues. I like my 3616 not just because of the savings over Kubota but tractor seemed much more stable and quieter cab. When you buy please make sure the dealer fills rear tires. Only objection is loss motion or slow reaction in loader joy stick, but you get used to it until I jump on one off the other tractors.