Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos

/ Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos #1  

alia176

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3316HST
Looks like MahindraUSA is offering:

BEST PRICES OF THE YEAR
The holidays are starting early with Mahindra's Red Ribbon Holiday Sales Event providing up to $3,500 off the purchase price. This great deal is going on now through January 31, 2014!

So, is this a good time buy my new tractor? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos #2  
One piece of advice; bring a clipboard, a calculator, and some blank paper when you go in; the available buying-options may resemble a Rubik's cube. Sometimes, buying at a low APR% (and paying off early) cost less than 0% financing in the long run.

"Cash is King", but financing was the only way for me to get my tractor when I did. Over the five year-period, the difference between the two was a only a couple hundred bucks, so I went with the 0%. I had three or four pages of notes and pricing. I trusted the dealer and Mahindra Inc. was really fast n fair with the entire myriad of buying options.

Looking back, I under-bought according to my budget, so I could have bought a couple more implements at 0%.

You also have to factor annual insurance cost(s) into the price (over 5 years); Mahindra requires insurance for credit purchases and most home-owner policies won't cover a $20K+ tractor, so I found a "stand alone" policy for much-less than Mahindra's.

Cash=no insurance requirement (although prudent)
Cash= no interest (cash in the bank isn't making anything either when TAXES & inflation is factored-in)
Credit isn't free (even 0% APR).

Good luck; send pics.

/ Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos
Good advice, thanks. I'm curious about the 3316 they have on the lot, aged inventory as they say. I'll have to see if they can give me a decent deal with the purchase of a backhoe and pallet forks.

/ Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos #4  
Aged inventory may in fact be a better deal than the equipment delivered with the new emission-control equipment; for all I know, the new tractors sound like a Prius now...........:ashamed:

/ Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos #5  
Good advice, thanks. I'm curious about the 3316 they have on the lot, aged inventory as they say. I'll have to see if they can give me a decent deal with the purchase of a backhoe and pallet forks.

You have a chance to buy a new (old stock) 3316??? :confused3: Is it HST? That would be the machine for me, forget about the non turbo stuff. I would think that you would be able to get a really good price on it and I believe that it comes with the skid steer quick attach. :thumbsup:

Keep us informed. ;)

You have a chance to buy a new (old stock) 3316??? :confused3: Is it HST? That would be the machine for me, forget about the non turbo stuff. I would think that you would be able to get a really good price on it and I believe that it comes with the skid steer quick attach. :thumbsup:

Keep us informed. ;)

Unfortunately the local 2011 3316 is a gear drive, not HST and the guy is asking $18,950 for 3.99%/84mos financing. I drove it and didn't care for it much, would prefer the HST version for my hilly terrain.

/ Now hear this, now hear this: Red Ribbon financing - 0%, 84 mos #7  
Unfortunately the local 2011 3316 is a gear drive, not HST and the guy is asking $18,950 for 3.99%/84mos financing. I drove it and didn't care for it much, would prefer the HST version for my hilly terrain.

Was that price for just the tractor with fel or tlb and pallet forks ?

Was that price for just the tractor with fel or tlb and pallet forks ?

That price is with the FEL (ML111), no forks. It may have been the ML111SKC, but not sure. Didn't take any pics of it.