Question for 4035 owners with a backhoe

/ Question for 4035 owners with a backhoe #1  

lantxinNETX

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST, Bradco 485 Backhoe
Yesterday I got my 4035HST back after having a Bradco 485 backhoe installed.

Only got to spend about 15 minutes digging with it before I had to put it away and head back to work 2ス hours away . . . but the weekend awaits.

When they dropped it off, they left a couple of large steel plates as well. Any idea what these are for? I failed to ask when they where there. (I now know they were removed from the tractor to put on the sub-frame mount. Need to save them in case I ever decide to sell the BH or tractor separately.)

And any suggestions / tips / video on re-attaching it to the tractor after I drop it for the first time? I have watched a video posted by another Mahindra dealer of how to disconnect, but how hard is it re-attach it?

And what exactly do you do to protect the cylinders when/if you store it? Specifically what grease do you use to protect the cylinders.

Thanks!

Martin

Last edited:
   / Question for 4035 owners with a backhoe #2  
I don't have a backhoe but I would bet the steel plates are for shoring to provide a stable base for the legs.

It appears to me that the lanolin-based wool-waxes perform really well for metal protection (at least they do in Western-Oregon's wet climate). I could PM you a brand-name for the stuff I use if you like; at $12.00 per aerosol can, having enough to cover all the metal on the tractor is a good deal. I use it on all my outdoor equipment now; has a peculiar odor when heated by the engine and muffler, but it moderates.

Ancillary info:

The script on a MASH program had the Col saying that lanolin was used for lice-problems in WWII, "it got rid of the lice but their drawers kept falling off". :D

/ Question for 4035 owners with a backhoe #3  
I did not get the steel plates with my backhoe, but it sounds as though they are meant to provide support for the legs so they don't sink into the ground.

Attaching the backhoe is very easy, it takes me less than five minutes once I have the 3 point arms removed. Just back up to it and get it as close to centered as possible. Then hook the hoses up and use the legs to lift it onto the bottom mounts. Once you have it dropped onto the bottom mounts, use the bucket arm to pivot it into the top mounts and put the wedges in place. Once you've done it the first time it gets real easy.