Mahindra: Nothing but problems

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #22  
I don't know what is factory and what is dealer assembled/installed on these tractors. Could it be that most of these are dealer caused and not Mahindra factory related?

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #23  
HI Short Kid, I agree that it is very unfortunate that he is having problems
And all manufacturers have there little problems.
If i offended anyone i am sorry

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #24  
Hi dmize,

We are a Mahindra dealer located in Richmond--not sure where you are in the state but please send me a pm or give me a call and we'll help you as best we can.

Mark Stevens
Old Dominion Tractor
804-514-9528 cell

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #25  
Hi dmize,

We are a Mahindra dealer located in Richmond--not sure where you are in the state but please send me a pm or give me a call and we'll help you as best we can.

Mark Stevens
Old Dominion Tractor
804-514-9528 cell

Nice! Now there's some support from a TBN member/dealer.:thumbsup:

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #26  
Outstanding ODT!!!!

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #27  
Tongue in cheek,,,,, I think the problem is lack of use!!!!! 41 hours in two years??? I ran my new tractor 41 hours in the first week!!! :D

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #28  
Hi dmize,

Mark Stevens
Old Dominion Tractor
804-514-9528 cell

I can vouch for these guys -- my neighbor bought his Mahindra from ODT and has been very satisfied.

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #29  
Hi dmize,

Mark Stevens
Old Dominion Tractor
804-514-9528 cell

This is s credit to Old Dominion and Mahindra. For another dealer to step in and offer help is a huge feather in Old Dominion's cap. Nice.

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #30  
Hello, wow, it's hot in here...

Yes first post, hello tractor land! Thank you for most of the replies.:D

There are positives to the machine, obviously I bought it. I like the over all concept, it fit me well, was easy to use, but the electrical stuff took me 3 days to trace out and I want to give my feedback on their product at hour 41. Local dealer is ok, but they don't inspire confidence in a fast turn around when they don't carry fuses or getting an oil filter is some exotic order that will take 2 weeks. I don't know, am I stupid for thinking they should stock an oil filter or fuse?

How did I end up with this? Hey, you get on a shiny red tractor, big black tires, and everything works, 5 year warranty, ok what the heck, I guess I glazed over playing with the loader and BH. I did a lot of research on the specs, drove a lot of tractors and I was impressed with the robustness and again, the specs. Well 5 year powertrain warranty, then other stuff has shorter time under coverage. SO they got me.

How the heck does the gauge cluster short out and keep the entire tractor from running, yet thankfully, I discovered one can unplug it completely and magically the tractor starts. But really what the heck is that, the gauge cluster shorts out? Do I want to keep a tractor that has an issue about every 10 hours? Seems like a reasonable question. Should I push through this and hope nothing else happens as the 2nd year of the everything warranty expires? IDK What would you do?

I didn't think to ask for help here because I saw enough responses saying to use the search, so I did and found enough common issues with other models to figure it out, but at the expense of my time. So like a car, I do all the work myself just because it's been reinforced over the years that dealers stick it to ya. Maybe not so with tractors?

Anyway, sharing my experience with this tractor might help another with a gauge cluster short that causes the entire tractor to die all of a sudden, then great, maybe they can find my post and not take 3 days to figure it out. Hopefully someone from Mahindra will get the message and help assure good QC on the assembly line for future owners. If no one reports problems, how will they ever get fixed?

Hey! I was tracing out electrical wiring with highs in the 20's, my set works good. How about Mahindra grow a set and extend my everything warranty to 5 years, and I'll keep it another year.

I have always liked Limbaugh, but the Mahindra tractor thing has put a taint on that. :rolleyes:
What I am reading here is you never approached your dealer about your problems, just Mahindra. I am also reading here that you were taught to distrust dealers, so you try to fix it yourself and complain when it took you, an engineer, three days to fix an electrical short.

Dealers should have filters for tractors they have sold. I have found numerous dealers that don't carry fuses. That is a common part bought at the local auto parts store. Why? Mostly to keep inventory costs down. Dealer mechanics control the manuals. I used to be able to browse through their paper manuals, but now it is on their computers. Bill's Tractor in San Antonio and Liberty Hill, Texas have parts manuals online for you to use.

First off, you didn't do enough research. Yeah, you researched the tractor, but obviously not the dealer. I knew the whole staff of my Mahindra dealer by first name before I bought my Mahindra from them from numerous visits. When I have a problem I need infor on:thumbsup:, I go VISIT the mechanic and pick his brain. You can't do this with an engineer's attitude of looking down on technical folks.:thumbdown:
So, I never read how the electrical problem was solved.:confused3::confused3:.................for all us pea ons that post and read here for answers.
Also............how much do you want for your tractor that Rush Limbaugh endorsed?:confused:
Emails in the tractor community, I have found, are slow in getting response.:( Heck, sometimes I never can get my salesman on the phone.:mur: I would go to see him in person, where he gives me generous amounts of time to answer all my questions and address all my concerns.
So all I see here is your phobia of dealing with any dealer, yet whining about no support and knocking a fine tractor!:duh:

FYI...........I have bought a Stihl chainsaw, a Hustler Zero Turn mower, my Mahindra 6520 4WD and my 29 foot dual tandem gooseneck all from the same salesman over the years. Because I know him and he knows me, we trust and respect each other.

My father, who was a wholesale mattress salesman, taught me to always visit dealers, even if they or you don't need anything. Just visit to keep in touch. That goes a long way when you need help. FYI, I have been a A&P Mechanic since 1978 and know the value of talking with folks and not to them.
no hugs, Brandi

Last edited: