Mahindra: Nothing but problems

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #1  

dmize

Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST
Less than a year ago I unwittingly purchased a Mahindra 4035 HST which has proceeded to have nothing but problems. The hydraulic line leaks because the main return from the loader was kinked and leaking. Next the fuel line started leaking. Now the electrical system is on the fritz and keeps blowing the starter relay fuse. Further the big hunk of useless red steel died in the middle of the street when I was plowing and I had to push it into a driveway.

Mahindra customer service has acknowledged my emails, but they have taken no action after a week.

The tractor has 41 hours on it and I'm kicking myself in the butt for being so gullible for buying this hunk of junk. Buy red save green. that's crap. By red see red because you'll be mad at yourself and embarassed for being so stupid as to buy an off brand tractor.

Rush Limbaugh should be ashamed for advertising this piece of junk.

Let me tell you, if you want a headach and for the tractor to stop working before your finished with it, go ahead and get a Mahindra. The fit and finsih of these tractor is absolutely unacceptable. They have hoses routed next to the exhaust manifold, wires going through the fire wall without grommets to keep then from shorting on the sharp edges and hydraulic hoses that look like they were tied in knots before they were hooked up.

I'm an engineer, and I have never seen such a poorly constructed piece of equipment.

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #2  
You seriously joined this forum, so that in your first post you could bash Mahindra?

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #3  
That is one heck of a 1st post.. Count to Ten and come back and maybe someone on this Forum can help.

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #4  
If you are an engineer why didnt you see these shortcomings before you bought it.

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #6  
Dmize, welcome to the forum. I'd be upset too, well more than upset like yourself I'm sure. It seems every make or model has its weak points. (Learn & share more about them here). It should NOT be on a buyer to shell out to correct inferior design or workmanship. You pay good money and expect quality/reliability/service because that's what they're 'selling' us nowadays.

That said, there are obviously some good things about your 4035 that guided the selection. Other than the s___ you were stuck with it could be a heckuva of a machine it it performs up to specs. How about we help you fix up those shortcomings for now and NOT tell you how to feel about all this or whether to to keep/sell it if it isn't helpful.

You have what you have, and after the wrist slap for your demeanor (what about ours?) there are folks here that I'm sure will be glad to help you live with it, if they'll buck up and show up. Thicken your skin a bit and see if any of us are as good ('nice') of people as we demand that you be. (Maybe I'm just a 'boy scout'. Maybe I won't jump on a guy for one post with that much behind it ...)

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #7  
But Corey !!!!!!!!! I did a quick check of your inventory and didn't see 1 Mahindra, is it possible you are looking to get one????????? Seriously I feel bad for the other person because my 2008 Mahindra has been a workhorse with almost 400 hours on it with only 1 hose that started to seep. I replaced it before it blew. If I were an Engineer ( perfesional person) I would spend my time with the dealer cause he knows more about the product than I do. Being a common hard working person I may have a different way of thinking and resolving lifes problems. Just my $.02 worth and I have no connection with Mahindra or any dealers!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #8  
Wow! I hate to hear you are having issues like this with a newer unit .

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #9  
Welcome to TBN. You don't like the tractor you bought and now are complaining about what junk it and the brand are. Anything else?
So call your selling dealer and make a long list of things you want fixed. Take it to them or have them come get it. Have them fix the list of things then trade it and buy green or orange or yellow, or nothing. Tractors and just about anything one buys new have warranties for getting things fixed while the warranty is in effect. Material and workmanship issues or whatever. Mahindra is NOT an off brand, and if you're an engineer I doubt you bought sight unseen or didn't look over what you were buying prior to doing so.
Grow some, step up and ask your dealer to also. There is nothing you stated that is an egregeous error on the part of Mahindra or anyone else.

/ Mahindra: Nothing but problems #10  
Don't feel bad I think about all the brands anymore including green and orange have some bugs to work out at purchase. Others are correct get your dealer involved. On a side not I went last week to the National Farm Machinery show and looked at about all brands closely including Deere,Kubota,Case IH,LS,Mahindra,Tym,New Holland,McCormick,Kioti and Massey Ferguson. On this board I read allot of good things about Mahindra. Most seem to be very happy customers. I will say I looked at several Mahindra tractors and I thought the fit and finish was allot better on there compacts and was not so nice on there bigger Utility tractors. Over all though they seem to be heavy built.