Loader Max28 FEL Question

/ Max28 FEL Question #12  
That is a great example.

Yes that shed i lifted was all TT 2 x 8 in the floor Base, with 3/4 PT Plywood floor plus 2 x 12 box section where the forks inserted. it got really heavy with the 4 ft sliding glass door panel, T-11 siding and the interior paneled with masonite. The CG was far out from the piviot pins & as per my photo. Even with inner and outer wheel weights, etc bringing the tractor weight up to 8,000 lbs, the back wheels are not pushing on the ground too much. If the 12'4" x 8'8" shed had an asphalt roof, I could not have moved it. Loader was just about maxed out. Thats why I'm amazed the Max28 is rated at 1400 lbs at the pins. I wonder how much it could lift at 500mm in front of the pins?

Even if that number was 1,000 lbs, that a lot for the little Max 28.
i wish all amfactures would rate the tractors

3 pt- 24" behind lift point.

Loader: Lift at bucket edge at ground point.
Loader break out force at bucket edge at ground point. i.e. curling force
Lift at pins at full lift Height.

/ Max28 FEL Question #13  
mike69440, I agree on what you are saying about standards for rating. I was thinking for the front bucket an amount that it can lift at the center of the bucket floor would be a reasonable number. A Max26/28 anywhere near max lift is a handful and works best if you have a backhoe on the back for ballast. It's a great stat for our marketing, but honestly if you want to lift more than 1,000 lbs very often, I'd recommend a larger frame machine like a 3016. I think a max lift rating ought to have a duty cycle attached. Like when you buy a welder, it may do 200 amps, but has a 40% duty cycle at 200 amps, and a 60% duty cycle at 150 amps and can run 100 amps all day long. That separates bragging rights from what the unit is really designed to do on a regular basis. The Max26/28 is great for that occasional load that would just be too heavy period for some of our competitors tractors, but I'd be cautious hauling heavy with it regularly.

/ Max28 FEL Question #14  
mike69440, I agree on what you are saying about standards for rating. I was thinking for the front bucket an amount that it can lift at the center of the bucket floor would be a reasonable number. A Max26/28 anywhere near max lift is a handful and works best if you have a backhoe on the back for ballast. It's a great stat for our marketing, but honestly if you want to lift more than 1,000 lbs very often, I'd recommend a larger frame machine like a 3016. I think a max lift rating ought to have a duty cycle attached. Like when you buy a welder, it may do 200 amps, but has a 40% duty cycle at 200 amps, and a 60% duty cycle at 150 amps and can run 100 amps all day long. That separates bragging rights from what the unit is really designed to do on a regular basis. The Max26/28 is great for that occasional load that would just be too heavy period for some of our competitors tractors, but I'd be cautious hauling heavy with it regularly.

I just want al small strong loader for the little but tough Jobs where I'd be making more of a mess than it would be worth using the L39 of even worse my excavator. my wife will throw rocks at me tearing up her yard.

We only have 4 Acres of pasture an an acre or so of Yard.

The small tractor is great for field work, Cleaning out the stalls, paddock, arena, garden work, york raking and scraping, draging trailers and spreaders, poop piles, and brush hogging.