Mowing Mahindra 5035 PST

/ Mahindra 5035 PST #1  

dickedm

Tractor
N/A
Really narrowing down my tractor search, but might have an issue.

I have talked to several beef cattle farmers and they all say the same thing. "Get a tractor that can pull/run a 10' bush hog to mow pasture fields, because using a 6' or 7' cutter will take a really long time." I really like the Mahindra 5035 PST, but am worried that with its 43HP @ the PTO it won't efficiently pull/run a 10' rotary cutter to mow pasture fields (no "clearing" work, just 10-16" grass and thistles and occasional shrub/bushes), but on Mahindra's website it shows the optional implement of the 10' Heavy Duty Lift Type Cutter on the 5035 info page.

Will the 5035 work for me or do I need to look at something larger like the 6530?

/ Mahindra 5035 PST #2  
Ten foot bush hog you need a 8560 or close to it.

/ Mahindra 5035 PST #3  
It takes less pto hp to pull a 10' pull type than a 3 pt hook up.

Idaho2

Attachments

• DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
   / Mahindra 5035 PST #4  
I would recommend an 8' dual spindle behind the 5035. I think that would be a good match.

/ Mahindra 5035 PST #5  
Tall thick grass seems to take more hp than small brush and sparse grass. I can bog my 6' mower in heavy grass but it willgo right through sweetgum sapplings and small bushes in 4th gear.
Im not sure the price difference on the PST vs. gear but i dont see the PST as much of an advantage because i use the clutch out of habbit anyway.