Mowing Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame?

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #1  

Browneyesvictim

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25HST
Long time lurker here since I got the Max 25 new in 2012 . Bought it with Mahindra MMM, FEL, and brushhog. I just love this dang thing, but that's not to say I haven't had a couple bumps along the way! I have added box and a blade scraper, and post hole digger. This winter I ordered a Backhoe for it and had it installed by the dealer along with adding some Rimguard ballast to the tires.

So herein lies my problem... I took the quick release BH off to go connect my MMM to do the first cutting of my 6 acres of grass. To my shock and dismay, it occurred to me the original rear drawbar and attaching height pin mechanism for the MMM was removed and replaced with other reinforcing hardware and framework for the quick attach BH! The mower is a "suspended" deck design with tension rods that would attach to pivot brackets on the bottom 3-point that would raise and lower the deck are gone!!!

Does it need to be said, that you cant use or mount a MMM with the subframe conversion done to attach a backhoe? Nowhere in any of the Mahindra manuals does it state this, and that would be preposterous and unacceptable to me if this is the case. I have no intention of ever needing both attachments on at the same time, but I sure would like to use my MMM again that I bought that won't attach anymore. A rear mount finish mower is not a viable solution for me either. I've spent a lot of money with my local Mahindra dealer in the last couple years, and they don't have an answer either.... Yet anyway.

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #2  
I thought this was weird as well.. so i googled it. First page to come up was this....

2014 Mahindra Max 25 HST Tractor-Loader-Backhoe Review

As you can see the first pic shows the Max series tractor with both the MMM and the Backhoe mounted at the same time. Could be camera tricks, but if it is... that's a poor show on their part.

-J

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame?
   / Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #5  
I have the FEL, MMM and backhoe. You cannot have both the backhoe and MMM on at the same time but they can easily be swapped one for the other. Takes me about 10 minutes to put the mower on. 10 minutes to take it off and 15-20 minutes to put the backhoe on.

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #6  
I have a max 25 took delivery with both bhoe and mmm on the tractor at same time look at my avatar. The mmm is raised to highest position and pin at rear drawbar is set to highest position then power beyond it unhooker from 3point hitch and connected to bhoe
So the mmm is just a counter weight. I never engaged the pto while setup like that i assume it will runbut cut hight is 4 plus inches

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #7  
I have a Max25. As I was taught by the dealer you can have the BH on and run it with the MMM mounted. But you can't run the MMM with the BH mounted. I've always done that and have had no problems. Dismounting and mounting the BH takes about 10-15 minutes.

I've only dismounted the MMM once and that was in late fall to prep for the snow.It took me about 20 minutes. (I won't say why. :confused:) So I'm going to have to figure out how the MMM mounts in a few weeks.

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #8  
On my 28XL you can have both on at the same time and run either one BUT the deck will be rolling on the wheels. You cannot attach the links to raise and lower without removing the backhoe.

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame? #9  
I have a Max25. As I was taught by the dealer you can have the BH on and run it with the MMM mounted. But you can't run the MMM with the BH mounted. I've always done that and have had no problems. Dismounting and mounting the BH takes about 10-15 minutes.

I've only dismounted the MMM once and that was in late fall to prep for the snow.It took me about 20 minutes. (I won't say why. :confused:) So I'm going to have to figure out how the MMM mounts in a few weeks.

Jimpen... the only advice i can offer you is to be sure to put your drawbar back on AFTER you mount and raise the mower deck. I learned the hard way and bent every single MMM bracket back there. Awesome.

-J

/ Max 25/28 MMM with backhoe subrame?
I've had my mmm on and off dozens of times and have (had) it down pretty good. The problem as stated in my original post is that there is no height adjustment bracketry anymore as it was replaced with a different drawbar and bracketry for the BH.

For those that have both: (roughcut,robio11,jimpen) Can you post a picture of your drawbar and height adjustment setup? Do you still have the upcurved bracket and height pin type drawbar? What is there that the mmm rear tension rod links to that will raise and lower it?

I always remove my FEL (as I also will also the BH) when I mow so I don't care about that. I only ever mow my grass in the top (fully raised position) anyway but the mower has to attach at the rear somehow.