Oil & Fuel Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Synthetic Oil #11  
sure it has everything to do with the ops question. the M & M act prohibits it with specific exemption. :)

Besides. Do you honestly think mahindra has an oil refinery. even if they sell their own branded oil.. someone else made it. Chances are.. the engineers used a set of book specs based onthe parts, and then reccomended an oil spec, and perhaps thru marketing agreement.. an oil brand. The M & M act prevents them from forcing you, without exemption or providing the oil or service free of charge.

that's the entire point of the law...

What he said (sound guy), OP run what ever brand oil you want to that meets the specifications, and yes Amsoil will stand behind their products, better than most.

/ Synthetic Oil #12  
I use Amsoil in my Boomer 1025, have since the first oil change. I now have 330+ hours on it and it doesn't use a drop of oil between changes.
I use the 10W30 small engine oil. Amsoil will stand behind their oil, if by chance there is an OIL related engine failure.

/ Synthetic Oil
Thanks for all the information. Since the owners manual does list the API spec and Amsoil exceeds that spec I think I will go with it during the next oil change.

/ Synthetic Oil #14  
Since the owners manual does list the API spec and Amsoil exceeds that spec I think I will go with it during the next oil change.
Another one roped in by amsoil.LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Use what ever makes you sleep good at night.

/ Synthetic Oil #15  
I run rotella T6 5w-40 in our 2810... runs great and doesn't use a drop.

/ Synthetic Oil #16  
Not sure how Amsoil's 2-stroke oil compares to oil you'll use in a 4-stroke or diesel, but...

I fly a powered paraglider and I have a 202cc 2-stroke on my back. I've seen more guys have engine problems in the sport due to crappy oil. I've used Amsoil 2-stroke oil in my engine since I started flying it and now with over 1000 hours on it, it still cranks first pull, runs great. I haven't pulled the head once. Still original parts and still going strong.

I use it in all my small 2-stroke powered equipment and get the same performance. Easy crank, long life. Heck, I have a cheap Homelite weedeater that was a pain to start and ran like crap. I started using the same Amsoil 2-stroke oil in it and now it runs great. 8 years old and still whacking weeds.

If that speaks to the quality of their oil, I wouldn't have a problem using their oil in my tractor.

I'm getting ready to do the 50 hour service on my 5035 and I want to go synthetic. I'll definitely look at Amsoil.

/ Synthetic Oil #17  
I am like a farmer friend of mine. He was being prodded one day by an individual to get into a discussion on oil. His response was, I purchased my equipment, I pay for maintenance and up-keep, I want the equipment to last a long time and not require maintenance or need repairing when I need it, I therefore use the best oil and grease I can find. I do not use oil or grease because it is cheaper than another brand. But that is for my equipment, the equipment being discussed is not owned by me, so in my opinion the owner should use the oil he wants to use.

I like the old farmer use synthetic oil in everything, 2 or 4 cycle and never have had a problem. If someone wants to use Dino oil that is fine with me, no cost involved to me for the purchase of the equipment or for the maintenance.

/ Synthetic Oil #18  
Another one roped in by amsoil.LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Use what ever makes you sleep good at night.

Sorta how I think about it too. Oil is pretty much oil. If a certain grade is indicated on the bottle, then it's as good as any other brand with the same grade on it.

Buy what ever makes you happy.

/ Synthetic Oil #19  
then it's as good as any other brand with the same grade on it.
Sir, now look what you went and did.
A million people will now weigh in on this thread ;))))))))

/ Synthetic Oil #20  
Sir, now look what you went and did.
A million people will now weigh in on this thread ;))))))))

And why not? If someone is going to make such a ridiculous claim.

I'm sure the cheapo Walmart brand oil "meets" the specs, but are you going to claim it is as good as a brand name?

Status
Not open for further replies.