Oil & Fuel Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Synthetic Oil #51  
You're barking up the wrong tree, with me.
I have never bought amsoil or their fanboy marketing scheme, and the more amsoil shills I run across on the internet, the more confident I am that, I will make it a point to never, ever, do so.

/ Synthetic Oil #52  
Dark Black, as I said, I don't care whether you buy Amsoil or not. I don't like their marketing schemes either, but the product itself is good. But they are by no means the only synthetic oil on the market. Several posts ago, I linked to "motor oil", where a mechanical engineer tested quite a few oils. Some in his tests scored better than Amsoil, though the Amsoil 3000 series diesel oil was by a wide margin the best diesel oil he ever tested, in terms of film strength and wear protection. But you owe it to yourself to see what his testing methods were and see how a few other oils ranked. The caveat is that his tests did not simulate the conditions inside an engine, which he himself points out. As for me, I would still be using Ultron by Pacer Lubricants if I could get it. Their diester base stock is superior, IMHO, to the aliphatic hydrocarbon base stock that Amsoil uses.

/ Synthetic Oil #53  
Dark Black, as I said, I don't care whether you buy Amsoil or not. I don't like their marketing schemes either, but the product itself is good. But they are by no means the only synthetic oil on the market. Several posts ago, I linked to "motor oil", where a mechanical engineer tested quite a few oils. Some in his tests scored better than Amsoil, though the Amsoil 3000 series diesel oil was by a wide margin the best diesel oil he ever tested, in terms of film strength and wear protection. But you owe it to yourself to see what his testing methods were and see how a few other oils ranked. The caveat is that his tests did not simulate the conditions inside an engine, which he himself points out. As for me, I would still be using Ultron by Pacer Lubricants if I could get it. Their diester base stock is superior, IMHO, to the aliphatic hydrocarbon base stock that Amsoil uses.

I have found the posts to be very informative. I use castrol edge in my vehicles , and though I know the tests say I can go for long periods between changes, I am old school, but have extended my changes to 6000 miles between changes on my bmw and both toyotas. You have taken a beating here, which I don't understand , because reading the supporting data has been eye opening for me. Keep the posts coming.

/ Synthetic Oil #54  
At Kootch: Thanks for your kind words. I don't understand it either. All I tried to do was present factual information, and I got accused of being a liar and an Amsoil salesman. I guess some people just do not want to hear things which challenge their beliefs, even if it is about something as mundane as motor oil. BTW, I will be unable to continue my 25000 mile oil change interval on my 2013 Ford 6.7l diesel. Fuel dilution is a problem. Amsoil recommends 10,000 miles for that vehicle. That makes the oil change a bit pricey, but then, so is the truck!

/ Synthetic Oil #55  
You're barking up the wrong tree, with me.
I have never bought amsoil or their fanboy marketing scheme, and the more amsoil shills I run across on the internet, the more confident I am that, I will make it a point to never, ever, do so.

So you are letting your feelings get the way of logic?
I don't like Amsoil's or Amway's marketing but I do prefer the premium quality products. So I purchase direct and don't sell or try to enlist others.
You don't like the Federal or State governments but you fin their roads just fine to drive on. You can't have it both ways.

/ Synthetic Oil #56  
So you are letting your feelings get the way of logic?
I don't like Amsoil's or Amway's marketing but I do prefer the premium quality products. So I purchase direct and don't sell or try to enlist others.
You don't like the Federal or State governments but you fin their roads just fine to drive on. You can't have it both ways.

Funny you should use the word 'logic' in your post, as there is nothing logical about your post.
The use of taxpayer paid roads has absolutely NOTHING in common with purchasing a free market product like motor oil. What a silly attempt at an analogy.
And yes, I can pick and choose what 'for-profit' companies I buy from, for whatever reason I deem important to me.

/ Synthetic Oil #57  
DB, though that last post was not directed at me, I want to emphasize that I support your right to buy whatever you want for whatever reason you want. My whole point in barging in on this thread was not to convince anyone to buy Amsoil. It was to correct the misinformation about synthetic oils in general, as several have opined that there is no difference in performance between them as a group and standard mineral oils as a group. That opinion is simply factually incorrect, as I have amply demonstrated. That is why all jet engine manufacturers REQUIRE synthetics only to be used in their engines. Yes, that is a different duty but the higher lubricity and greater thermal stability afforded by synthetic base stocks are a benefit for any engine.

/ Synthetic Oil #58  
I haven't debated the testing results of oil, at all. I've debated your assertion that there is no legitimate 'opinion' on the best lube for different people to use in their vehicles. That is a different subject entirely, but you of course, want to merge them as if they were the same.

/ Synthetic Oil #59  
I haven't debated the testing results of oil, at all. I've debated your assertion that there is no legitimate 'opinion' on the best lube for different people to use in their vehicles. That is a different subject entirely, but you of course, want to merge them as if they were the same.
Actually, you have. Moreover, though I have engaged in polite, respectful dialog with you, you have implied I am a liar and a shill for Amsoil, and you have been similarly disrespectful to others. This forum is for people to share information and to help each other out. You have the wrong attitude in your posts, and you should not be here with such an attitude. You should take a breather and come back when you are ready to help others and not attack those who present data that differ from your beliefs.

/ Synthetic Oil #60  
Hey hermio, Get over yourself, and your 31 amsoil pushing posts.
I've always been a voice on this site for dino oil with good filtration changed on regular intervals. It's what I do for my personal engines, and it's the information I pass on here.
If you can't handle an actual life experience and point of view such as mine, then you need to move on.
I haven't debated a single lab test. Like I said, you're barking up the wrong tree. You need to 'sell' your 25k oil change stories to someone else. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.