Mahindra first use report

/ Mahindra first use report #1  

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
Got to give my new 3016 a work out in the woods today. I did stuff with the HST that I would never attempt to do with my old crunch both. What a pleasure to use a modern tractor.

I quickly learned that the 3 speed tranny is very nice. Hi speed REALLY robs it of power, and low speed, well, I was watching ants on the ground who were walking faster than I was moving. I'm glad there is an M speed, it's perfect for most work, I can see where L and H will come in handy in the appropriate applications. I'm getting the hang of a joy stick instead of the 2 handles I've been used to over the past 20 years. I keep mixing up the right-left motions but I'll get it.

After 2 hours, I felt life a pro managing the hst and the joystick.

The thumb on the hoe is really nice. I was using it to move downed logs and ripping up saplings that were in my way.

I'm in love with this thing...and it's beautiful too!

Gotta give it 4 stars !

Last edited:
   / Mahindra first use report #2  
I'm not at all surprised at how much you like the 3016. Did you get the mechanical thumb?

/ Mahindra first use report
Yeah, mechanical. I couldn't justify the cost of additional hydraulics and the costs of the hydro thumb. That starts getting into some hefty money...on topof the hefty money I already spent for the trac and bh.

The one I got works real well. The pin is way too tight, but I'll losen that up.

/ Mahindra first use report #4  
Your gonna like the thumb
Have built a couple of rock walls with mine
I'm still impressed with the power of that little backhoe