Canopy My 4025 4wd Modifications

/ My 4025 4wd Modifications #1  

sdboers

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4025 4wd
Hey Folks,
So I thought I would share some of the modifications I've done to my 4025 since you fine folks helped me choose which model a few weeks ago.

I have added:
  • a canopy
  • LED lights for front and back
  • dome light
  • tangs on the bucket
  • quick hitch & hydraulic top link

Later I will add:
  • mirrors
  • beacon (for road use)
  • phone holder & charger

I wasn't positive I wanted a canopy on the tractor so I slapped together a quick and dirty prototype in the workshop out of 1x4s and plywood. Shot it with some black paint to match (see below).
004 (3).JPG

I used the ROPS as the rear support and two 1 1/4" square tubes for the front support. For whatever reason, Mahindra saw fit to give me these wonderful brackets under the loader mount to bolt my front supports. How nice of them... :)
001.JPG003.JPG005 (2).JPG005.JPG006 (2).JPG006.JPG

I knew I was going to add lights, and wanted to keep the canopy removable if needed, so I used trailer wiring connectors to make the wiring pluggable.
012 (2).JPG002 (2).JPG013 (2).JPG

(On to the next post so I can add more pictures...)

Sean.

/ My 4025 4wd Modifications
Next was to add the wiring and switches for the lights (and leave some extras for future accessories). Added a fuse panel for safety...
014 (2).JPG015 (2).JPG008.JPG011.JPG

Found a great deal on some LED lights locally and put 2 up front and 2 at the back connected to the overhead switches.
007.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

Next was a dome light and some tidy up of the wiring.
012.JPG013.JPG

(Next Post)

Sean.

Last but not least - I added male tangs to the bucket so I could easily attach chains for lifting, and a quick hitch with hydraulic top link to the back...
014.JPG015.JPG016.JPG

I've still got 2 extra switches up top. One I will likely use to add a beacon for safety while traveling on the road. The other one may control the fender mounted coffee maker... ;)

I will also be adding two canopy mounted mirrors (likely right behind the front facing lights).

Let me know your thoughts...

Sean.

/ My 4025 4wd Modifications #4  
Looks nice, is the hydraulic top link a real help?

I've got more experience without a hydraulic top link than with one. That being said - I sure like having it. Only 18 hours on the tractor so far - very few of them since the hydraulic top link add. I have a feeling I'm really going to like it though.

With the quick hitch - it certainly makes hooking up easier. Makes using the box blade easier as well given it behaves very differently depending on the pitch. For the cost of it (about $200) - well worth it in my opinion.

Sean.

/ My 4025 4wd Modifications #8  
I'm a little jellous, I ordered the same tractor a month ago...still waiting. Should be the end of the month. I also have a quick hitch and love it! Trying to hook up my cultipacker(700lbs) was a huge chore! I will also weld a hook on the bucket like you did, very nice by the way.

**** - I thought you had yours already. Patience isn't my strong point - I'd have a heck of a time waiting. The dealer I bought from had 2 sitting in his yard. He dropped one off for a demo and I pretty much refused to let him take it back. :) He did have to take it back briefly to install my hydraulic remotes and finish the dealer prep on it - was sad to see it hauled away, but it came back 2 days later.

I think my favourite add are those lights. They make the stock lights look like the glow from a bic lighter. Turning them on is like driving in daylight!

Sean.

/ My 4025 4wd Modifications #10  
My dealer only had one 25 series in stock, a 5525 two wheel drive model, aside from the front end and 55hp turbo diesel everything leis is about the same. Once I drove it I knew that was the model I wanted. I'm generally very patient but my patience is running thin about now,Getting anxious. Keep us updated on your likes and dislikes,Enjoy your seat time!