Loader Leaving the front end loader raised

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #1  

BudMan5

Tractor
Mahindra 28XL HSTJD 915E and JD D140
My 28 XL HST is my frst ever tractor. I have to store my tractor in a shipping container for about 6-8 weeks. I just have a car port that i use normally but because I am leaving, I rented a container to safeguard my tractor. I had a 20 foot container delivered. The tractor will take up most of the space (I have a bh also). I was wondering if leaving the loader in a raised position is bad for the tractor hydraulics for that period of time. If I leave it raised, I can probably get my ATV in there also.

TIA!

Bud

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #2  
Raise it, then prop it up. It will slowly come down as all the valves and cylinders don't make a perfect seal.

Bruce

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #3  
Ditto to bcp. Please securely prop it up once raised or your 4-wheeler may need medical attention when you return. If the loader is securely propped, you should be able to relieve the hydraulic pressure with the lever and be good to go.

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #4  
Agreed it abould be propped up.

Just for hahas, I left my new 3016 bucket up at waist high and my bh unpinned, for 2days/nights. The loader bucket never moved, but the bh dropped a couple inches and the bucket uncurled about 6.

I am abit puzzled.

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #5  
mine does too...the bucket stays put, but the backhoe will drop and uncurl

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #6  
My Kubota B26 TLB will leak the hoe boom down overnight (or less) if not pinned. The FEL leaks more slowly but it will leak down also. I think Kubota has about the worst leaks on their valves of any brand.
My LS P7010 was left up for a month once and only lowered about 12" (had a leaking fuel tank and was thinking that I may have to load it on a trailer without cranking it since the leak would drain the tank in a few day.) I leave the 3 ph with bushhog in up position lots of times and it never leaks down even an inch. No one around but me and the chickens so I don't have to worry about anything falling on somebody.

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #7  
No problem leaving it raised, but don't expect it to stay raised on its own, as others have noted.

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #8  
Containers have metal loops up near the ceiling every couple of feet. They are pretty strong. So you could strap the bucket up using those if that is handier than using a prop of some sort. As many have said, it does not hurt the tractor to leave the bucket up, but it will likely settle on whatever is below it.

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #9  
Containers have metal loops up near the ceiling every couple of feet. They are pretty strong. So you could strap the bucket up using those if that is handier than using a prop of some sort. As many have said, it does not hurt the tractor to leave the bucket up, but it will likely settle on whatever is below it.
That's what I was going to suggest,a small chainfall or come a long would be safer than propping.

/ Leaving the front end loader raised #10  
I have seen pictures of tractors at shows that have the loaders in the 'up' position. They have what looks like a pipe with one of the sides cut out of it [ probably have to have one made at a machine shop ] tyrap'd in place on the loader cyl rods. You could weld something up like that with three pcs of strap steel. Just another option.... :)

Here is a picture, not the one I saw before, but looks like something on the passerger side cyl rod... [ red ].. If it was me, and you go that route, I'd do it to both sides...

Attachments

• Mahindra_4035_MFWD-2009.jpg
    Mahindra_4035_MFWD-2009.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 446