Can you widen the stance of a 5010?

/ Can you widen the stance of a 5010? #1  

ppinnick

Tractor
Mahindra 5010 CAB HST
Internet research has yielded no good answers, so let me ask the forum...

Can you move the tires out on a 5010 to widen the stance and improve stability?

Tire spacing on a lot of older tractors can be adjusted - can I do this with my 5010 HST Cab model? My two biggest problems with the 5010 are the narrow stance and the lightweight rear end. Right now, I have balast in the rear tires and try to carry a heavier implement when doing FEL work because it is very easy to pick up a rear tire with the Mahindra FEL sold with the 5010. Best I can do for that problem, other than to work veeeerrrry slowly with heavier loads.

My other issue is left-right stability - the thing just feels like it wants to tip over on even shallow slopes. I am reasonably sure I am being too timid with the tractor. A more experienced operator probably wouldn't flinch at some of the things that make me nervous but right now, all I can do is use my "pucker factor" judgement - if it feels bad, I don't try it. I only have 3 years seat time on a tractor, the first year on my neighbor's 1977 Oliver with tires spread to the max and the last 2 in my 5010. I would love to be able to widen the stance on the tractor to provide some more stability.

Thanks for any advice!

PmP

/ Can you widen the stance of a 5010? #2  
Why don't you just call and ask a Mahindra dealer what to do?

/ Can you widen the stance of a 5010? #3  
Yes but to what degree depends on tire and wheel combo. I called mahindra office in Texas. I was able to speak with an engineer and he was very helpful. I have mine widened to work with my row centers.