Having trouble with my Mahindra 22

/ Having trouble with my Mahindra 22 #1  

JesseV

Tractor
Mahindra max 22
I can't keep it running. It will start up and run for the 2 or 3 seconds I hold the ignition on, but immediately die when I release. In the manual it says the first click on the ignition will warm the plugs as well as remove any air in the fuel system.
I'm hoping this is a common problem with a quick fix, however, "murphy" has been doggin my heels the last few days.

/ Having trouble with my Mahindra 22 #3  
I can't keep it running. It will start up and run for the 2 or 3 seconds I hold the ignition on, but immediately die when I release. In the manual it says the first click on the ignition will warm the plugs as well as remove any air in the fuel system.
I'm hoping this is a common problem with a quick fix, however, "murphy" has been doggin my heels the last few days.

I'm not sure how your ignition should work, but on my 2415: You turn to the first click and you get the glow-plug light on; and wait a few seconds until it goes out; then just turn further clockwise to start then release the key and it should stay on the run position. It sounds like you have a bad ignition switch ,or your not getting enough fuel to keep the engine running. Have you tried moving the throttle up a small amount.

/ Having trouble with my Mahindra 22 #4  

You could still have air in your fuel system especially if you recently ran out of diesel and then refilled. If manual bleeding is available, I'd try that. Diesels run on compression once started and do not need a continuous "spark" as on a gas engine and is why I believe this is a fuel related problem as opposed to electrical. If your tractor has a computer, all bets are off..

/ Having trouble with my Mahindra 22 #5  
My guess is the ignition switch. I had problems with that switch on my Mahindra 5525--dust got into the keyhole and prevented the key from working properly. Blew it out with compressed air and cleaned it with a squirt of WD-40. Problem solved.

Good luck.

/ Having trouble with my Mahindra 22 #6  
Sounds like you have a bad fuel sol., we have seen a few go bad.
There are two circuts in the sol. first one draws higher current to turn the fuel on when key is in start(cranking) position, the second circut, holds it on while in run postion and draws less power.
Contact your dealer, it think it should be a warranty fix if its not too old.