Mahindra 6110

/ Mahindra 6110 #1  

Jeff Canada

Tractor
Mahindra 6110, Massey Ferguson 175, Massey Ferguson 35, Ferguson 35, Ferguson 30, Farmall 100
I bought a 2014 Mahindra 6110 with front end loader this year in February, the tractor seemed great at first but I have experienced several problems in the short time that I have owned it. The first thing to go wrong was the air conditioning. Upon turning on the compressor the unit would scream for its life. I believe it is a clutch issue. Only after about an hours worth of playing with it, applying lubricant spray repeatedly, and just simply hoping that it would fix itself would it eventually work as it should. This not only probably put pressure on the system, but also wore the belt since the compressor wasn't turning. Because I had to raise the hood repeatedly the hood latch eventually broke. Luckily the hood weighs enough that it keeps it in the down position.

I've also learned the hard way that the fuel lines are hung in the worst place possible. I lost 1/4 tank of fuel one day while bush hogging when a small limb pulled the file line from the tank. The only reason I knew something was wrong is when the tractor suddenly died.

My most recent problem is that ALL electrical systems in the cab have stopped working. Everything on the dash has stopped working, the radio doesn't light up at all, the air/heater is unresponsive, and the lights, horn, signals, etc... ALL have stopped working! I was told by the dealer that they had never experienced a problem like this. I was then advised to remove the dash and check all connections. I'm not doing this due to the fact that I don't want to void my warranty by touching any of it. Basically I now have a simple tractor that only keeps me dry.

I really wish I had spent the extra money and bought a Massey Ferguson or John Deere. This is ridiculous! I only have 180 hours on this unit and I'm extremely disappointed so far.... My closest dealer is about 25 miles away but they still want $100 every time it needs to go the shop and they pick it up. I'm calling them today and placing an order for them to pick it up. I'll keep everyone up to speed on the results.

/ Mahindra 6110 #2  
Sorry to hear about your issues....Sounds like your electrical problems may be simply a fuse or a fusible link...have you looked? Your machine should still be totally under warranty. Make a list and have your service folks fix it...oh, yeah, you busted the fuel line so I'm guessing you own that one....by the way, did you mean "fill line" vs. "file line"? Where is that located so that you could hook it with a limb? Hope you get everything fixed by the dealer...if so $100 for trans is cheap...BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6110 #3  
Jeff this is Max at Safeway I just tried to call you and unfortunately, the phone number I have for you does not work. if you can please call I want to get your tractor in here asap. We need to handle this. I happened to come along your post randomly, and I don't know if you have spoken to our service department or if its at your local guy, but we earned your business, and we want to maintain it for you! Please call me 910-550-9895

/ Mahindra 6110 #4  
And the dealer even wants to help him... but he puts up a rant before even calling... classy

/ Mahindra 6110 #5  
I have a 6110 as well I have about 300 hrs on it now and the only issue I have had is the A/C freezing up about every 2-3 hours during the summer. I have had it in numerous times and still does it they don't know what is wrong everything checks out good. According to Mahindra they will stand by it this summer since the warrenty is now expired so I guess we will see if they stand by their equipment or not so far they have. Other than that issue the tractor as performed really well and Im rough on equipment.

/ Mahindra 6110 #6  
And the dealer even wants to help him... but he puts up a rant before even calling... classy

+1

@ the OP: please get in touch with your dealer... not to sound like a douche, but you obviously don't have the mechanical ability to work on your tractor so use the warranty. The folks at safeway seem top notch. If your still unhappy then I bet you JD dealer would be happy to take your 6110 as a trade in cuz they'll be able to sell it fast.

/ Mahindra 6110
+1

@ the OP: please get in touch with your dealer... not to sound like a douche, but you obviously don't have the mechanical ability to work on your tractor so use the warranty. The folks at safeway seem top notch. If your still unhappy then I bet you JD dealer would be happy to take your 6110 as a trade in cuz they'll be able to sell it fast.

WOW!

So this is the real deal with Tractorbynet.... Apparently an honest, hard working man can't simply put up a post to let other potential buyers be aware of his problems with a piece of equipment. I was simply letting others know about what issues I had encountered. I wasn't trying to bash a dealer, I wasn't trying to bash Mahindra, I was simply giving someone else some heads up on what I personally had going on.

In response to the salesman that I bought the tractor from.... REALLY?! You make it sound as if you're now ready to jump through hoops to fix my problem. I find it hard to believe that my number doesn't work for you. My number is still the exact same as it was the day I wrote you the check (which has my cell number on the top of it). A closer look at records would bring that to light. Pretty sure my name could be Googled and a home phone number located to match.

In response to the dealership, that I never said anything bad about in my initial post, but now feel as if I should state the truth about.... I tried REPEATEDLY to actually speak with someone at the dealership. The service rep was always "away and would return my call", the service manager was repeatedly left numbers to reach me at but I didn't hear from him either, and the parts guy was the only one that sympathized with me although he couldn't do a thing but relay messages. Eventually I took my business elsewhere to a dealer that was willing to discuss with me the troubles and pick up the tractor the next week.

In response to Navasot.... Jumping to conclusions about what had or had not been done on my behalf without actually knowing the real truth, I find that real "classy" on your part. What makes you want to believe that I would go through the hassle of creating an account and my initial post without first contacting the dealer? Wouldn't you think that they would be the first person I would call?! Then again, I shouldn't assume anything... I mean, you must have read the part where I stated that "I was told by the dealer that they had never experienced a problem like this. I was then advised to remove the dash and check all connections..." Seems like I may have had contact with a dealer, wouldn't you assume?

In response to Texan4life.... If you don't want to sound like a "douche" , but you actually make yourself out to be, don't make a statement assuming and claiming that I don't have the mechanical ability to work on my tractor and therefore simply rely on the warranty. I am a certified welder with 11 years experience with heavy equipment operation and repair. I've also lived and worked on my family farm all my life and have had the privilege of repairing/rebuilding other tractors that have paid their dues on this farm. Those tractors are all still in use today and seem to be holding up just fine with the repairs that I made. However, the problems that I have encountered WERE ALL warranty related and therefore should be covered.

To sum everything up.... The main problem was a faulty wiring harness. This WAS a warranty related repair and there was nothing that I, nor anyone else but a dealer would be able to diagnose and replace. I find it hard to believe that if I had disconnected the harness, taken it to a dealer in my hand, and explained to them that it was faulty without them being able to test it on the tractor it wouldn't have been covered under warranty. Any dealer would have simply stated that it was clearly something that happened while I was removing it, and therefore would have voided the warranty. Therefore, it was not a repair to be done on the farm, and besides it is still new and under warranty. While the tractor was in the shop, with an undisclosed dealer, it was treated to a wash, a radiator screen cleaning, and other warranty issues were found and repaired. I am now happy to report that it is back up and operational. Hopefully this was simply a once in a lifetime failure. As for Tractorbynet, I'll be sure to never post on here again and to keep my opinion of a piece of equipment to myself. With that being said I hope the next thing some of you buy is a lemon that nobody warned you about. Thanks!

/ Mahindra 6110 #8  
I don't think you got a 'lemon' since it is all fixed up and running gooder n new!!

don't get mad at us, we just want to help if we can. Sometimes it takes a little patience to work out issues with dealers and it is not always possible to get the results you want or in the time frame you want it.

It does sound to me that 'MAHINDRA' took care of the issues with the 6110, which is a well liked tractor according to several reviews on it.
I hope you will continue to use TBN. Most posters offer their personal failures as well as success stories, lots of great ideas, helpful information as well as some 'feel good' post.

JMHO!

/ Mahindra 6110 #9  
Jeff, all I can do is shake my head and wonder why you jumped all over other folks with your second "rant"....that is, since a number of folks chimed in to "help"; even the dealer....you didn't come back and explain anything for quite a while, leaving us, readers, to wonder what happened....THEN, you lowered the boom on most everyone.....Finally, I'm sure you're very capable to taking care of all your machinery. Suggest now that you have a working/running 6110, you should trade it in on a green or other red unit. Or keep it, and use it in good health. Merry Christmas, Jeff. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6110 #10  
To everyone in general....Why do I hear the most complaints on Mahindras about the 10 series? An online friend (who I never met in person) told me not to buy a 10 series. It is obvious that the OP here has had a lot of experience with tractors, by just looking at his current herd of MF's and the Farmall.
I have never had a problem with my 6520 that I could not figure out myself. Is it the cab that is the problem on the 10 series?
hugs, Brandi