8560 wont start

/ 8560 wont start #1  

nod

Bronze Member
Well its me again. I had some battery problems recently. Tractor started beeping and ruined the battery. New battery was bought and installed. It cranked up ran for a few seconds and died. Replaced a dash fuse and it ran fine. Took it behind the house and bushoged for 25 or so minutes. Parked it and it was running fine. Actually cranked it up to move it cause it was to close to get the mower out. Here it is three weeks later, went out to crank it and it will not start. Turns over fine, plenty of fuel, all dash lights work even intake heater light. Wont hit a lick. I do not have a manual for this tractor just the owners operator manual. This tractor is parked under the shed out of the weather most of the time and only has 63 hours on it. Any help is appreciated! One last thing, when I use to start the tractor it would beep a few times when I would turn the key on. It does not beep anymore. Do not know if that makes any difference or not?

/ 8560 wont start #2  
Had this occur a few weeks ago on a 8560. Check the 5 amp fuses in the fuse box. If they are good but do not have any power on either side the relay for the fip solenoid could be bad.

/ 8560 wont start #3  
^this

and did you do your 50 hours service?

Also check the starter and alternator to be sure so plugs came loose

/ 8560 wont start #4  
Sounds like a warranty related electrical problem. Dead battery in only 63 hours?! Your dealer should replace it and fix the problem free of charge, no?

/ 8560 wont start #5  
Sounds like a warranty related electrical problem. Dead battery in only 63 hours?! Your dealer should replace it and fix the problem free of charge, no?

Depends on how long it took those it took to put those 63 hours on the tractor. Warranty goes by a time period rather than hours.

/ 8560 wont start
I got the tractor in 2010, so there probably is no warranty on it. I did the 50 hour service. Where would I find the fuel pump relay? If I trace the wire from the flp solenoid I guess it will lead me to the relay. I will look after work, hate this time change, gets dark to early. Thanks to all for help.

/ 8560 wont start #7  

Well its me again. I had some battery problems recently. Tractor started beeping and ruined the battery. New battery was bought and installed. It cranked up ran for a few seconds and died. Replaced a dash fuse and it ran fine. Took it behind the house and bushoged for 25 or so minutes. Parked it and it was running fine. Actually cranked it up to move it cause it was to close to get the mower out. Here it is three weeks later, went out to crank it and it will not start. Turns over fine, plenty of fuel, all dash lights work even intake heater light. Wont hit a lick. I do not have a manual for this tractor just the owners operator manual. This tractor is parked under the shed out of the weather most of the time and only has 63 hours on it. Any help is appreciated! One last thing, when I use to start the tractor it would beep a few times when I would turn the key on. It does not beep anymore. Do not know if that makes any difference or not?

/ 8560 wont start #8  
Well its me again. I had some battery problems recently. Tractor started beeping and ruined the battery. New battery was bought and installed. This tractor is parked under the shed out of the weather most of the time and only has 63 hours on it. Any help is appreciated! One last thing, when I use to start the tractor it would beep a few times when I would turn the key on. It does not beep anymore. Do not know if that makes any difference or not?
Beeps were probably an alert to do the 50 hr service. Replacing the batt reset it. ... next beeps ~ 200hr.
larry

/ 8560 wont start
No I had already done the 50 hour service and delt with that beep. This problem occurred after the 50 hour service. Thanks.

/ 8560 wont start #10  
Unless you're trickle charging your battery, or better yet using a 'battery tender', (brand name) you'll kill any battery with that little use over that long a time.

It goes without saying if so little hours over so long since new then warranty is done on tractor, and battery. Batteries do have their own warranties, which sometimes go longer than the tractor warranty, but they are pro-rated. You can also kill transient drains on a battery by installing a battery switch, like this one: Mustang Top Post Battery Disconnect Switch (79-14)
Then your battery can better hold it's charged state. Don't let the new battery get below 80% charge or you will shorten it's life significantly. Hence the need for the battery tender when not using the tractor for long intervals.