Takin it to the MAX

/ Takin it to the MAX #1  

Black Max

Bronze Member
Tractor
Max 25 HST
Hi all, first time posting here and I am proud to say I own my first tractor, a Max25 HST TLB. I spent countless hours, weeks, and months looking for the right tractor, orange, green, blue, and other shades of red only served to distract me from finding Max. Then I discovered this forum and sought out.... Mahindra, never heard of that one before. Located a great dealer and the connection was made, I found a tractor that finally fit me, my needs, and my personality. I optioned out my tractor with Mahindra's 62" hyd blade, 56" snowblower, snow cab, rims and turf tires from an on the lot EMax 25, kept my R4 tires and rims, and thumb for the backhoe. Ripped my 1st stump out in 6 minutes not knowing what the heck I was doing.... Impressive. Now for the fun part, mods, some of which may seem silly, but they where fun to do and that is what Max is to me... A Toy. I believe in sharing ideas others can use so stay tuned as I update this thread... The building of Black Max, enjoy.

image.jpg

/ Takin it to the MAX #2  
Welcome. Sounds like a good time will he had by all!

/ Takin it to the MAX
My first couple of mods were just to mean it up a bit so I made removable teeth for the crash bar and added some red led's for the eyes.... Lousy cell phone pics but my neighbours with their orange and green tractors have takin notice. Real lighting has been added as the stock ones provided the minimum only.

image.jpg

/ Takin it to the MAX
I adapted a quick change steering wheel to Max, my reversing seat for the back hoe gave me a bit of a reach to the stock steering wheel. New wheel is three inches higher and comes off with the push of a pin and twist of a collar.... Neat. I also mounted a nine inch screen for my front and rear cameras complete with night vision, it actually works !! The screen does not block my view at all, I can still see the full top of the hood.

image.jpg

/ Takin it to the MAX #5  
Welcome to the club, and great job on the mods, I'm happy for you. Be careful with your toy/tool.

/ Takin it to the MAX
Thanks for the welcome, I operate my "toy" responsibly and safely, great advise we all can benefit from. Being my first tractor I err on the side of caution as I learn how to use it, my property is flat and compared to my other interests 10 miles an hour and twenty five horsepower bring on a whole new level of challenges.

/ Takin it to the MAX
I decided LED and HID lighting would replace my stockers. Picture shows new light cluster, rear HID flood lights, and I installed LED reverse lights where the stock tail lights used to be. My new LED tail lamps have running/ brake lights in red so I fabricated two brackets with micro switches and used one with my treadle for automatic reverse lights, when I push reverse, reverse lights come on. For brake lights I used the linkage and other micro to have my brake lights always "on" when tractor is stopped, but when I go forward or reverse the brake lights dim to running lights. This was a really neat addition and example of how I took it to the Max, so to speak.

image.jpg

/ Takin it to the MAX #8  
Insanely cool, creative and will continue to watch for the next mods.

/ Takin it to the MAX
Because I live in Canada.... Snow removal will be Max's main chore. But since I need to drive it... A heater is a mandatory addition. Buying the heater was easy, mounting it proved to be more of a project. I will state for the record that even though I have a mig welder, I am convinced I suck at welding. Nothing has ever fallen apart but I tend to make use of simple tools, this was made with a jigsaw, hole saw, and a drill. It's one of those moments to stand back and enjoy the "wow, I actually made that" .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

/ Takin it to the MAX
The stock heater switch has a Hi/off/low switch on top and 1st thing I noticed was every time I climbed on the tractor my hand would hit that switch and fan would come on. I added my own electrical system for what I wanted to run when the key is off, as the glow plug and no accessory key position drove me crazy. A simple relay wired to my 12volt power switch gives me constant 12v when I want it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I added a heater switch to the dash where it's safe, when this switch is activated now the fan comes on low, or fan off when it's off. The old switch on the heater i replaced and now switches the fan to high speed only when heater is switched on in the dash, switch speaks for itself... Lol. Had to add a relay which I put inside the heater itself.

image.jpg

image.jpg