New Mahindra 5035

/ New Mahindra 5035 #1  

timster

Tractor
mahindra 5035
Well I went and did it. I have a brand new 5035 in my possession. It was the last tier 3 machine on the lot. I got a 6 foot tiller and a 6 foot shredder along with the front end loader. I had the dealer run hyd lines from the rear hookup to the front end loader. So I can operate a grapple I have yet to purchase. I came with AG tires, which is what I wanted. I'll get the tires loaded when I get a chance. I'm really tickled. This is the first new tractor I have ever owned.

This is also my first diesel. Do you have any recommendations for fuel additives to prevent jelling? Do I even need to worry about it?

How about a block heater? once again is it needed? Any thoughts?

I attached a bad photo from my cell.

Attachments

• 20141212_165515[1].jpg
    20141212_165515[1].jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 258
   / New Mahindra 5035 #2  
The 5035 is a real heavy duty beast...!!! I use some black lable Power Service in most of my diesels once and awhile. Not really for gelling but for lubricity and to help keep the water out. Your winters are pretty mild down there, so as long as you keep the tank full [ less condensation ] and buy fresh fuel from a well used diesel pump you should be OK. I bought a heater to put in my 5035, but haven't needed it or put it in yet. Mine starts just fine even without using the grid heater. The 5035 has a cast iron inline hose thing on the left side, just behind the radiator, that is made to install the heater. If you want to put one in...

/ New Mahindra 5035 #3  
Always happy to see a member get a newie that one-ups my best. Very nice pick, IMO. Congrats!
I use PS white bottle year-round for lubricity & anti-gel, and sometimes a bit of Howe's in the Winter for the latter. Lowest temp I'll operate in is 10^F and never a prob. If it gets that cold in WV for long you could move up here... :)

/ New Mahindra 5035
Well we do have winters here. They are just a little more hit & miss than Michigan. I have gone to work on -30 below mornings and have woke up to 35" snow falls. That kind of weather is not the norm but it does happen. So I'm thinking a block heater may not be a bad idea. One of those things that are not needed very often but when you need it, you really need it. Of course the front end loader is gonna make the snow a lot easier.

/ New Mahindra 5035 #5  
If you pull your left lower side panel you will see the big cast iron inline heater installation device. [ if yours is the same as my 2011 ] There is a 3/4" NPT pipe plug in it that you remove and replace with the screw in heater. I bought a Kat's 11619 heater off Ebay. The length of this heater looks to be about 2 1/4" long when seated in the threads. I have not drained the coolant and tried this yet to see if there is enough depth for this length of a heater. This one is supposed to be 600 watts, with the 400 watt units being shorter. Let me know if it fits...!!!!! :)

/ New Mahindra 5035 #6  
Congrats on the new 5035 and welcome to the club! I bought mine in 2010 as a first time owner and have been very happy with it. Like others, I use PS products throughout the year. The high teens are about as low as it gets around my place in Georgia so really no need for the block heater......

/ New Mahindra 5035 #7  
Welcome, I have had mine for two years now. Had the heater put in. Used it once. Nice to have but found out I don't need it. Have had some issues with fuel lines and hose fittings. Dealer fixed them and since then no issues. The thing is a beast, overall I am happy just took some getting there. If you have an issue get on it with your dealer. This is my second Mahindra, upgraded from a 3215, and in the spring the wife says she gets hers. Have fun