Max 28 Box Scrape

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #3  
I have a heavy 6' Landpride unit that i have not tried. I suspect it will struggle, but it will be used mostly for grading. 5' is just right.

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #4  
I have a 5 foot from TSC. Originally I bought a 5 foot from Mahindra (Kodiak), but was less than impressed with the quality and sold it.

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #5  
54" is ideal but not too many guys stock that size, most guys go with a 60" box. If you have tire spin with the 60", you might load your rear tires.

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #6  
I have a 5 foot from TSC. Originally I bought a 5 foot from Mahindra (Kodiak), but was less than impressed with the quality and sold it.

How do you like the 5 foot from TSC?

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #7  
Buy the heaviest 60" unit you can find, there is no substitute for weight! The max will pick it up no problem, if you spin the tires take 2 small bites instead of one big one.

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #8  
Buy the heaviest 60" unit you can find, there is no substitute for weight! The max will pick it up no problem, if you spin the tires take 2 small bites instead of one big one.

I bought a 72" Landpride when I got my L39. Never ran it with the L39, as I used it only with my neighbors L3400HST with loaded tires. The 72" Box would stop that tractor in tough going. I hope the Max 28 can work a 6' scraper, as it has nearly as much power and weight if ballasted as a L3400. The box will be used for just spreading and grading as I have my excavator with a 92" blade and the L39 bucket for heavier pushing.

The Max has really good lift specs on the 3 point. I'll put it to the test re-doing our 1400' driveway & the logging road this year.

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #9  
mike69440, I think that you will be much better off staying with a 60" unit. I know that a 6 footer sounds good, but you need to look at things realistically and I sure don't see a 6 foot box blade as being a good match for your 28XL.

Just my :2cents:

/ Max 28 Box Scrape #10  
A 72" will be too big if you use the rippers or fill the box full with gravel. You will end up lacking traction I think. If you are just grading and not carrying a full box nor using the scarifiers much, it will work. I've used a 72" orchard float behind a Max28 before and it worked great.