max 28 tooth bar

/ max 28 tooth bar #1  

John32369

Tractor
Max 28
What would be a good tooth bar to put on my Max 28's bucket?

/ max 28 tooth bar #2  
As the bucket does not have a repalceable edge a WL Long bolt on would work.

/ max 28 tooth bar #3  
Piranha tooth bar. It's awesome and takes your capabilities to the next level. There is a thread on here with tons of great reviews. I have it on my max28. Uses just 2 bolts to mount it.

/ max 28 tooth bar #4  
I purchased an everything attachment tooth bar. You will have to drill two holes in the side of your bucket though to affix the bar. The bar that has the teeth attached- is beefy and will protect your existing buckets edge. I do like the looks of the Piranha, but tend to use teeth on my bar as "hooks for chains/straps for moving whatever".
Works good, and have no regrets buying at all.

I am curious, it looks like on Piranha that you could slice small trees off as its base.... I wonder if that presents a problem as spikes are left in it's wake. Tire puncture issue's maybe, perhaps someone that uses that type of bar can chime in?

/ max 28 tooth bar #5  
Personally i would go with the WR Long flat bottom tooth bar. We sell quite a few and have had no complaints or problems

/ max 28 tooth bar #6  
the piranah will not slice a tree off at the base. You come up to a small tree, catch it on the teeth, drive forward and lift and you pop them out of the ground like a dandelion. i have cleared almost an acre of woods with it, dug 100 yards of dirt, and dug out stumps with it. Looks brand new still. No bent teeth. No movement on the bucket. Solid as a rock. I have used the teeth as a hook to lift and drag 18" oak logs from the woods without issues.

/ max 28 tooth bar #7  
the piranah will not slice a tree off at the base. You come up to a small tree, catch it on the teeth, drive forward and lift and you pop them out of the ground like a dandelion. i have cleared almost an acre of woods with it, dug 100 yards of dirt, and dug out stumps with it. Looks brand new still. No bent teeth. No movement on the bucket. Solid as a rock. I have used the teeth as a hook to lift and drag 18" oak logs from the woods without issues.

Just from looking at the photos of the piranah , it seens like tyhe cutting edge does not have much if any of a bevel. Is that the case?

As the max has a wider bucket than the BX, I expect this would be a custom bar. Any aidea of what the cost is?

/ max 28 tooth bar #8  
Custom length but same cost. Measure per their instructions as the max28 had 2 different size buckets during production. Mine measures inside 52". Cutting edge has a significant bevel. I think 45deg. Here are some pictures. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ max 28 tooth bar #9  
Custom length but same cost. Measure per their instructions as the max28 had 2 different size buckets during production. Mine measures inside 52". Cutting edge has a significant bevel. I think 45deg. Here are some pictures.View attachment 409932View attachment 409933View attachment 409934View attachment 409935

Thanks for the Pictures.

Reasonable price and will ad a bit more capacity to the bucket. My bucket is just shy of 52-1/2" inside dims., so anyone who orders best measure exact,as the welders are not real fussy.

/ max 28 tooth bar #10  
Be very careful when welding/cutting/ and adding anything to a tractor under warranty. I would first add up what your looking at putting into it and then price an actual rock bucket and see what you think from there