Mahindra 6000 starter motor

/ Mahindra 6000 starter motor #1  

BobG_in_VA

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux
Does anyone know who manufactured the older (around '03) starter motors for the Mahindra "00" series tractors? Mine works fine if its above 40degrees, but doesn't quite have the guts to turn it over fast enough to start now that its about 6 degrees outside....the 6000 is a 195 CI 4 cyl direct inject....the 4500 was the 3 cyl version (I think literally they cut one cyl off the 4 cyl version)...I'm betting the 4500 starts fine in cold weather but I'd like to know who made the starter to have it refreshed. Thanks BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6000 starter motor #2  
It's more likely a battery problem. Check that out before you invest in a starter.

/ Mahindra 6000 starter motor #3  
Should be a Lucas. If your battery and cables are in good shape a new starter may help cold starting.

/ Mahindra 6000 starter motor #4  
Does anyone know who manufactured the older (around '03) starter motors for the Mahindra "00" series tractors? Mine works fine if its above 40degrees, but doesn't quite have the guts to turn it over fast enough to start now that its about 6 degrees outside....the 6000 is a 195 CI 4 cyl direct inject....the 4500 was the 3 cyl version (I think literally they cut one cyl off the 4 cyl version)...I'm betting the 4500 starts fine in cold weather but I'd like to know who made the starter to have it refreshed. Thanks BobG in VA

Bob,
I would try a local automotive eletrical shop. One that rebuilds starters. They should be able to rebuild (or refresh) your 6000's starter.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 6000 starter motor
Bob,
I would try a local automotive eletrical shop. One that rebuilds starters. They should be able to rebuild (or refresh) your 6000's starter.
hugs, Brandi
That's what I think I'm gonna do...to respond to previous, have both new battery (over 1100 CCAs) and new heavy gauge positive cable. Alternator charges at 14 + volts...that's why I'm figuring its the starter...just needed to know who made it...thanks for the responses... BobG in VA