7520 maintenance questions

/ 7520 maintenance questions #1  

jrchafin

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahinda 7520
Doing some routine maintenance, and I have a complaint about the owners manual. There are a number of maintenance tasks listed that aren't referred to elsewhere to clarify what they are talking about. So it leaves you guessing if you are doing the right thing, or missing something.

Anyway, right now, I want to clarify:
1. Clean crankcase breather.
-Is this just the special cap that you fill the oil through?
2. Grease roller bearing at front cover.
-Which cover? The engine? Or is this just the pivot for the hood?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

/ 7520 maintenance questions #2  
The grease zerk they are referring to is just in front of where the hydraulic pump mounts to the engine. Greases the bearing for the pump drive.

/ 7520 maintenance questions
The grease zerk they are referring to is just in front of where the hydraulic pump mounts to the engine. Greases the bearing for the pump drive.

Thanks OldGin. Know about the crankcase breather too?

/ 7520 maintenance questions #4  
Thanks OldGin. Know about the crankcase breather too?
I haven't a clue on this. But let me know when you find it, cause I need to clean my 6520.
hugs, Brandi

/ 7520 maintenance questions
Called the dealer and he confirmed that it is the filler cap on the valve cover.

/ 7520 maintenance questions #6  
Called the dealer and he confirmed that it is the filler cap on the valve cover.

Sorry just saw this. The filler cap is indeed the "crank case" breather. In this case it is taking in air and relinquishing it down the vent pipe. Your tractor would have to have a PCV valve to have it be called an actual "crank case breather" This was the way all cars were "respiratored" before 1970. The oil cap breather was actually put there to mitigate exhaust gas blow by from the cylinders by having the engine suck in air from it.