Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #1  

They Call Me Sam

Tractor
NA
Hey all. I am in the market for my first tractor. The two models I am looking at are the Mahindra 3540 HST and the NH Boomer 41 HST, both with FELs. There is a dealer about 5 miles from my house, who sells and services both brands. As an otherwise impartial guy, I am leaning towards the Mahindra due to the added built weight, lifting capacities etc. I have about 14 acres, 12 of which are wooded and full of thick brush, so a good bit of what I will be doing is clearing and grading the property. They prices are pretty close, but wanted to get some input from a group of folks who perhaps have experience with these models and brands. Thanks in advance!

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #2  
Both are good tractors. The NH Boomer 41 is a re-badged LS. If there is an LS dealer close by you should compare the equivalent LS model for added features and price. Normally you will get more standard features such as 2 remotes with the LS for the same or less money.

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #3  
Welcome to TBN! :welcome:

I have an older version of the Mahindra you are looking at. Nearing 300 hours and no issues worth really mentioning. The few common issues to their 35 series tractors has been sorted out. I don't think you can go wrong if the specs suit your needs. The 35 series is Mahindra's premium line and are very tough machines.

If the same dealer carries both brands, that's great as long as the dealer is easy to work with, and has a good parts/service department. Generally it is the dealer that is the deciding factor as to 'what is better' in many instances.

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #4  
Both are good tractors. The NH Boomer 41 is a re-badged LS. If there is an LS dealer close by you should compare the equivalent LS model for added features and price. Normally you will get more standard features such as 2 remotes with the LS for the same or less money.

I tend to agree with this, if the tractor is built by LS and they sell directly here, buy from LS.

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #5  
I'm sure all dealers/areas are different, but when I priced an identically optioned LS to the same New Holland there was a $10K savings. That was based on the first price I got from the NH dealer, so I probably could have gotten them to come down some, but it was still going to be a huge difference.

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #6  
I would really look towards LS. The Boomers are a rebadged LS. They are made on the exact same line. John at RCO tractor actually has a pretty cool photo of the line in Korea with an LS being built and a NH Boomer right behind it. When I was pricing tractors the LS was the clear winner. The XR line comes standard with 2 rear remotes, draft control, and a 5 year warranty. Only bad thing about LS is there is no dang drink holder.

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41
I will check into LS. The nearest dealer to my location is 50-60 miles. Thanks for the input!

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #8  
I tested a few brands of same class before settling on my Mahindra. for the work I do,I needed the added base weight.

/ Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41 #9  
I would really look towards LS. The Boomers are a rebadged LS. They are made on the exact same line. John at RCO tractor actually has a pretty cool photo of the line in Korea with an LS being built and a NH Boomer right behind it. When I was pricing tractors the LS was the clear winner. The XR line comes standard with 2 rear remotes, draft control, and a 5 year warranty. Only bad thing about LS is there is no dang drink holder.

I agree with this, might as well buy from the source. LS owners seem to be very satisfied.