Tractor
    NA

Default Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41

Hey all. I am in the market for my first tractor. The two models I am looking at are the Mahindra 3540 HST and the NH Boomer 41 HST, both with FELs. There is a dealer about 5 miles from my house, who sells and services both brands. As an otherwise impartial guy, I am leaning towards the Mahindra due to the added built weight, lifting capacities etc. I have about 14 acres, 12 of which are wooded and full of thick brush, so a good bit of what I will be doing is clearing and grading the property. They prices are pretty close, but wanted to get some input from a group of folks who perhaps have experience with these models and brands. Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    NH Boomer 8N, NH TC40DA

Default Re: Mahindra 3540 HST or New Holland Boomer 41

Both are good tractors. The NH Boomer 41 is a re-badged LS. If there is an LS dealer close by you should compare the equivalent LS model for added features and price. Normally you will get more standard features such as 2 remotes with the LS for the same or less money.
    Randy

NH Boomer 8N, 6' Bush Hog Squealer Rotary Cutter
    NH TC40DA, 16LA FEL, Red Master II Harrow
    Land Pride 6' Tiller, 7' Landscape Rake
    2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    Big Tex 12GP 20' GN trailer, 50LA 14' bumper pull
    Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4, Kubota ZD1211 60"

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035HST purchased 2013 - John Deere 42" Geardrive w/bagger purchased 2012 - Craftsman 42" HST purchased 2006

Welcome to TBN!

I have an older version of the Mahindra you are looking at. Nearing 300 hours and no issues worth really mentioning. The few common issues to their 35 series tractors has been sorted out. I don't think you can go wrong if the specs suit your needs. The 35 series is Mahindra's premium line and are very tough machines.

If the same dealer carries both brands, that's great as long as the dealer is easy to work with, and has a good parts/service department. Generally it is the dealer that is the deciding factor as to 'what is better' in many instances.

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

Quote Originally Posted by repowell View Post
    Both are good tractors. The NH Boomer 41 is a re-badged LS. If there is an LS dealer close by you should compare the equivalent LS model for added features and price. Normally you will get more standard features such as 2 remotes with the LS for the same or less money.
    I tend to agree with this, if the tractor is built by LS and they sell directly here, buy from LS.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Case 580 Super M Series 2, Cat D3B

I'm sure all dealers/areas are different, but when I priced an identically optioned LS to the same New Holland there was a $10K savings. That was based on the first price I got from the NH dealer, so I probably could have gotten them to come down some, but it was still going to be a huge difference.
    Loose = not tight. Lose = to misplace. There = a place. They're = they are. Their = ownership. Advice = what you give when advising someone. Advise = the act of giving advice. Too = also. Two = 2. To = movement, direction or proximity. Brake = device that slows things. Break = separation.

"I could care less" means you care. What you're looking for is "I couldn't care less."

Don't get upset if you're the one who can't write what you mean.

The things you mount tires on are WHEELS.

Tractor
    LS XR4040

I would really look towards LS. The Boomers are a rebadged LS. They are made on the exact same line. John at RCO tractor actually has a pretty cool photo of the line in Korea with an LS being built and a NH Boomer right behind it. When I was pricing tractors the LS was the clear winner. The XR line comes standard with 2 rear remotes, draft control, and a 5 year warranty. Only bad thing about LS is there is no dang drink holder.

Tractor
    NA

I will check into LS. The nearest dealer to my location is 50-60 miles. Thanks for the input!

Tractor
    mahindra 4530

I tested a few brands of same class before settling on my Mahindra. for the work I do,I needed the added base weight.

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

Quote Originally Posted by skidsareforkids View Post
    I would really look towards LS. The Boomers are a rebadged LS. They are made on the exact same line. John at RCO tractor actually has a pretty cool photo of the line in Korea with an LS being built and a NH Boomer right behind it. When I was pricing tractors the LS was the clear winner. The XR line comes standard with 2 rear remotes, draft control, and a 5 year warranty. Only bad thing about LS is there is no dang drink holder.
    I agree with this, might as well buy from the source. LS owners seem to be very satisfied.