Power Steering Leak

/ Power Steering Leak #1  
Tractor
Mahindra 6000
I have a 6000 - 2WD and I was recently using it with my 6' box blade to scrape off a couple inches of dirt for my spring garden. I was running hard for about 30 minutes, with the box blade claws fully extended. When I came to a stop, I noticed a pretty heavy fluid drip below my feet. Shortly after my power steering became jerky, so I'm assuming I have a PS leak somewhere above the transaxle. I still have to tear into it and was wondering where to start ? Has anyone else had any PS leaks that may save me hours of troubleshooting, or does anyone know the layout or plumbing and can tell me where to start looking ?

Thanks for your help,

Charliechan !
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Power Steering Leak #2  
Aren't you still under warranty?

I blew a lift cylinder on my loader today, it's now sittin and waitin on them to come and get it for repairs. Looks like the set screw that holds the end of the cylinder internals together backed out and allowed the end cap and seals to slide forward and dump fluid.

Any way, if it isn't something obviously easy to fix yourself, why not use your warranty??

Chuck

/ Power Steering Leak #3  
I agree, why not use warranty? Also, I know on my tractor which was one of the early 6000, they made a change to the front power steering lines. They have new bracket now that gets the line up higher out of the way. May want to check that. Seems to me though that if you have a leak, it should show up pretty easy. Good luck.

/ Power Steering Leak #4  
Chuck,

I was reading the manual for my FEL (4500) and it mentioned to check those set screws every few hours (something ridiculous like every day, as I recall). They have obviously been a problem.

Michael A
Cypress, Tx

/ Power Steering Leak #5  
No kiddin??

Sounds like a good idea......... guess I better read that thing!!

Thanks Mike!