4110 tires wear in center

/ 4110 tires wear in center #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
my 4110 has about 1000 hrs. The big tires are wearing in center. Air pressure is right. No weights, water or loader Mostly pull mower, hog and box blade.
Should I take some air out of tires to wear them more even?

Cheers..... coffeeman

/ 4110 tires wear in center #2  
Center wear usually means too much air.

with a tractor, running them a little softer is generally better as you'll get a bit more traction.

I'd let some out.

/ 4110 tires wear in center #3  
my 4110 has about 1000 hrs. The big tires are wearing in center. Air pressure is right. No weights, water or loader Mostly pull mower, hog and box blade.
Should I take some air out of tires to wear them more even?

Cheers..... coffeeman

I've found out factory recommendation air pressures are only a starting point. When you start adding or reducing any type of static or unsprung weight, theses guidelines go out the window. I'd do what Pilgrim is suggesting for more extended tire usage.

/ 4110 tires wear in center
As I thought. But always a second and third opinion is good.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ 4110 tires wear in center #5  
Tractor tire wear is no different than car tire wear. Center wear indicates too much pressure. Most tractor tires will run fine at 10 PSI +or -. I would start at 12 and check them to see if you have full contact with the full width of the tire. A wet tire on dry concrete will give you a good picture of what is contacting or you can do the opposite by running your tractor over lightly wetted concrete and see how much of the tire is damp. Continue to reduce the pressure till it wets the entire tire lug.

/ 4110 tires wear in center #6  
For my rear tires - I start at 20 psi. Then I roll out onto the concrete hard driveway and lower the psi until the chevron tread just makes full contact all the way across. To check that full contact is being made - measure across the outside to outside of the chevron on the tire - mine is 15 inches. Then scrunch down on the driveway and measure the outside to outside of the chevron print left in the dirt - it should also be 15 inches - in my case.

I run my rears with right at 16 psi and they are filled with Rimguard.

/ 4110 tires wear in center #7  
I've always run the rears at 11 psi on my 4110 for ideal contact and wear. My rears are filled to 3/4 full with methanol/water mix. I have run a fair bit over the years on pavement too, travelling to jobs a few miles away - the rears do fine but the fronts wear a little quicker as I run them hard (38 psi) for loader use at any time.

/ 4110 tires wear in center #8  
Folks,
By wear, what do you mean exactly? I have one rear tire that has little chunks are coming out. The other tire has some chunks, but not as bad as the other.
Mike

/ 4110 tires wear in center
I've always run the rears at 11 psi on my 4110 for ideal contact and wear. My rears are filled to 3/4 full with methanol/water mix. I have run a fair bit over the years on pavement too, travelling to jobs a few miles away - the rears do fine but the fronts wear a little quicker as I run them hard (38 psi) for loader use at any time.

Hi there,
Checked tire pressure and shocked till I came back to TBH and read replies. My tire about 9 lbs, other 6 lbs . I have, I believe,
Titan made in USA industrial tires. No water no weights. I was shocked to see American tires. Now I like my mahindra a little more. Of course if
I could have gotten a good old USA tractor I would choose that as long as I can afford. On some items I believe it's cheaper in long run to
buy USA.

Cheers......Thanks for replies.
Coffeeman

/ 4110 tires wear in center #10  
Hi there,
Checked tire pressure and shocked till I came back to TBH and read replies. My tire about 9 lbs, other 6 lbs . I have, I believe,
Titan made in USA industrial tires. No water no weights. I was shocked to see American tires. Now I like my mahindra a little more. Of course if
I could have gotten a good old USA tractor I would choose that as long as I can afford. On some items I believe it's cheaper in long run to
buy USA.

Cheers......Thanks for replies.
Coffeeman

To buy a complete made in the USA tractor you would have to purchase a bigger tractor, or an older tractor. It's a shame the only thing made in the USA for compact tractors is the tires.