Mahindra 6500

/ Mahindra 6500 #1  

powerhouseboy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 7520 4wd
I ordered a 6500 4wd with fel from my local dealer in Iowa and I am going to buy a brush cutter but am unsure what size I can handle. I would like to get a 7' cut in either a Woods or a Brush Hog but I am in the hills and don't want the front end to get light. Any advice or anybody else own a 6500 and how do you like it?

Thanks,

Brian

/ Mahindra 6500 #2  
Hey Brian,

I have a 6000 2WD and I wouldn't hesitate to pull the 7'. I use a 6' box blade and shredder and so far haven't been able to slow the 6000 down. Let us know what you decide.

CHarliechan

/ Mahindra 6500 #3  
Go ahead and get the heaviest duty 7' hog that you can afford. A. the 6500 will weigh in at about 6250ish w/o the FEL B.and has about 20 CID more than the 6000 (about 5 usable HP difference). C. Other than the tires being a smidge bigger than the 6000, seems like all other things are equal. With the FEL which I believe weighs in at about 1500 or so lbs, once you have the bucket near the ground you won't be getting light in the front end. (If you do, throw the front end weights box (with weights) in the bucket)--6 of these at 42 lbs each come with the tractor. Also, PLS get your rear tires filled with fluid (preferably with antifreeze rather than CaCL) as this will ad over 1500 lbs to the rear end. Good luck and send pics. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6500
Thanks guys. I have checked out the Woods standard weight 84" cutter and it weighs about 830#. I haven't checked out the Brush Hog yet but it sounds like a good one also. I figure I have a chain saw for the larger trees and I will mainly be cutting only grass and weeds. I have found the cheapest price on a Woods model 84 to be around $1900.00. Is this a good price or is Bush Hog more reasonably priced?

/ Mahindra 6500 #5  
We have the IMC 7ft on our 6000 4x4 with the FEL and 4 filled tires and I have never felt light using it and I have some rough terrain here in KY. You can get an IMC for about $1400.

/ Mahindra 6500
Well I decided to buy a Woods 7' cutter. I found one yesterday and gave $1600.00 for it. I thought that wasn't a bad price from all the shopping around that I had done. It weighs 1000 pounds so I think that my 6500 should handle that.

/ Mahindra 6500 #7  
Won't be a problem. I also have the 7 ft IMC which weighs in at about 1350 lbs. Lifts it like it was a feather. I got mine before the prices went up. I think I paid $1400 delivered to my tractor. Have fun but be careful! BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6500
Well I just received my 6500 this week and am having fun learning all about it. I tried lifting a big bale with the front bale spear and it handled it great!! It seems like just such a simple easy to use tractor and I just love that shuttle. One of my concerns when I ordered it was the starting ease in cold weather, well, that was tested the other day when it was 12 degrees outside and I just hit the key and let the heater warm up until the light went out and presto, it just popped right off. I think I am going to love this one. It came with a KMW loader. Has anyone had any experience with these?? It looks like the bucket seems to be sort of lighter than the other bucket but wow is the loader easy to take off. I was wondering about maybe beefing up the bucket, any suggestions? Thanks

/ Mahindra 6500 #9  
They do make a heavy duty bucket for that. Do you have a quicktach?

/ Mahindra 6500
Yes, I did buy the Quick Tach but the dealer is going to either fix this one or order a new one as the holes do not line up with the bucket just right so it makes it not so quick of a quick tach. It takes two people to try and force the pin on one side in. Thanks for the info.