HELP Block Heater 3616 HST

/ HELP Block Heater 3616 HST #1  

Renben

Tractor
Shopping
Hi can anyone tell me what block heater will fit the 3616 HST? I got my tractor shipped from the dealer a month ago and have not been able to use it because of an anti-freeze leak from the installed block heater. I finally got a new one from them yesterday and it seems too big. It won't seat within the block. Any advice from the dealers out there or anyone with the 3616 with a block heater would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

/ HELP Block Heater 3616 HST #2  
I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that you don't need a block heater. I have the same engine in mine and last winter I decided I would not install a heater until I could prove that I needed one.

I found that even in single degree temps, it would turn over and start almost as well as when the weather is warm. I'm not going to put one in mine. If I got thru last winter without a problem, then I can get thru about any winter.

It's always a good idea to let any engine warm up a few minutes before using it and I do.

The Mitsubishi engines are probably the best cold weather engines out there.

They are super excellent cold weather starters.

/ HELP Block Heater 3616 HST
Old Pilgrim, Thanks, but the dealer installed one that leaked, I believe it was 1 1/2", so I have a hole to fill. They sent me a 1 5/8" which I tried to put in today and it wouldn't seat with the O ring inside. I am thinking that the size needed would be in mms considering the engine make. I think I am just going to order a 40 mm and see what happens. I live in the far north of Minnesota so I wanted the reliability of a block heater for when it gets really cold and to be kind to the engine. If anyone knows this is the case please let me know. I am getting frustrated as I have had the tractor a month and made the first payment and have yet to be able to use it.

/ HELP Block Heater 3616 HST #4  
it should be under warrentee. Can't you let the dealer handle it?

/ HELP Block Heater 3616 HST
The dealer is 440 miles away. That's why they sent me one that they assured would be easily done over the phone. They are now sending a local guy over to work on it, but it won't do any good if I don't have the right size frost plug. I am over 80 miles away from the nearest Mc Donald's so it is not like you can just run to the auto parts store. I just want ot have the right part here for him to do it.