3510 project

/ 3510 project #1  

frylakedave

Tractor
john deere/Mahindra
I bought a basket case 3510 tonight. I am wanting to know if there is anything particular that I should know to check or change as I put her together. Also if anyone has or can get me some pictures of the motor it would be helpful for me to route the electrical and hydraulic hoses correctly on reassembly. mahndra 3510.jpg

/ 3510 project
Well I'm not to impressed with this project. It seems that they dont offer any oversize pistons or bearings! When your tractor gets worn you have to buy a NEW BLOCK and a NEW CRANK! That basically means these are disposable tractors. For the price they bring that is ridiculous. Now I understand why this tractor did not get re-assembled. Has anyone heard of a conversion to put a re-buildable motor of some sort into these rigs?

update:
I got saved by a pro! I called Yell County Gin company and they have already runn into this issue and solvrd it by sleeving the block with a dry sleeve back to stock and buying Kubota oversize bearings.

Last edited:
   / 3510 project
I am having trouble finding a timing mark on the cam gear. Am i missing something?

/ 3510 project #4  
dumb question...have you got the gear on backwards....dunno if it's possible, but its the first thing I thought of.

/ 3510 project
dumb question...have you got the gear on backwards....dunno if it's possible, but its the first thing I thought of.

No, its not a reversible gear. Thanks for the thought though.

/ 3510 project #6  
Usually they are a simple round mark, like a round dent between two teeth on the gear. Can you find one on the old gear, then line up the alignment holes at the center of the gear with the new one. You should be able to mark the new gear where the mark should be.

/ 3510 project #7  
Hope these give you a little to go by. I think it might be a good idea if you just bought this manual, if they are still available. Mahindra part #14519602000 - 10 Series Diesel Engine. In the repair business information is King !!

Raining pretty hard today or I would go out and take a few pics of the engine in my 4110 for you, maybe by this weekend I can get a chance to do that.

Attachments

• TPD Trailer Sales0002.PDF
    38.6 KB · Views: 161
  • TPD Trailer Sales0001.PDF
    76.4 KB · Views: 120
  • TPD Trailer Sales.PDF
    61.8 KB · Views: 128
   / 3510 project
I probably should get a manual ordered. I do appreciate the scans. I was looking for the timing marks on the side of the gear in the machined surface. It looks like the manual is placing them on the rough casting next to the machined surface. I will need to go out and look for them down there. It is also showing the marks as all dots, but mine has numbers 1,2, and 3 instead.daedong timing marks.JPG

/ 3510 project
I think I found the marks. they are up on the machined face and it is just to faint dots. Whoever tore this thing apart, pulled the pressure plate apart. I need the height it should be set at to re-assemble it if I can. I found an engine manual online but it is for a Cub Cadet with the 3A165 Daedong motor so I think the clutch specs would be different.

Thanks

/ 3510 project #10  
Have done my pressure plate a few times - mine has a tendency to break one of the adjusting bolts every so often when worked hard. I have a spare pressure plate that I think I'll get a machine shop to upgrade to larger bolts for the next breakdown. I prefer to adjust the fingers with the flywheel on the bench instead of mounted to the crankshaft and vertical. Just mount the disc & plate and torque the bolts down and do your adjusting. The service manual spec is 65mm (2.559") +/- .7mm (.030") from the face of the flywheel to the top of the forks. This measurement is extremely hard to get without their special tool but I rigged-up for it years ago and once I had them set I took a measurement from the back of the pressure plate to the top of the forks and came up with 1.150" and have used that since. It puts them where my clutch linkage will adjust properly when all reassembled. Your tractor could be different, you'll just have to figure it out.

Be sure to use some blue Loctite on the bolts that hold the thick plate to the engine block - I had a serious problem back when my tractor was nearly new where they loosened-up and broke a few and my tractor was splitting in half, rubbed the starter nosecone on the flywheel. The factory didn't use any Loctite and there isn't enough clearance to use lock washers on the ones behind the flywheel so I had to replace all the bolts. Don't make the same mistake I did my first go around either - the pilot bearing goes in the flywheel, not the crankshaft. It will fit in either place but if in the crank the input shaft won't reach it and your clutch won't release because of the unsupported input shaft.

Good luck on your project ...