Oil & Fuel 3535 first service

/ 3535 first service #1  

harlow89

Tractor
mahindra 3535
Hey new to the forum today.
but to get to the point I was talking to the dealer the other day about the price of the 50 hr service of my new 3535 and he said it would be around $800.00 . that price seams a bit steep to me so I was wondering what others have paid. also thinking of just doing it myself not sure how difficult it is any info would be great. thanks in advance

/ 3535 first service #2  
$800.00 is insane - the 50 hour service is quick and painless. All you need to do is change the oil and filter - verify the various bolts identified in the owners manual are torqued - verify fluid levels per the manual..... simply and easy

/ 3535 first service
that is what I thought. I am glad I was sitting when I heard the price haha!! the dealer said that they do a hydro fluid change also but still seams crazy to me.

/ 3535 first service #4  
The hydro change is at 100 hours - the hydro filter is $40.00 and the oil is relatively inexpensive - it's a simple job - get a new dealer

/ 3535 first service
there are only two near me and the other one is terrible. not really sure what to do. at this point I guess I am just going to do it myself.

/ 3535 first service #6  
You did not mention if it was a HST trans or not. You can get the filters from the dealer, or online, and do it yourself. On my 5035, there are two drain plugs on the oil pan that you remove to drain the engine oil. Walmart sells a large box end wrench that is supposed to be for installing/removing trailer balls that is fairly inexpensive and will fit the big drain plugs. [ around $10 if I remember correctly ] You can do the hyd change at 50 if you want to, I did. My 5035 was high enough underneath that I could drain into 5 gallon plastic pails. Or find something [ or several somethings ] that you can slide under the drain plug FAST. You can go to your local Tractor Supply Company and buy their Traveler brand of Premium Universal Tractor Fluid to refill the case. That was the hard part, takes a while to refill thru the small dipstick hole in the back above the PTO spline. Also, there were lots of those drain plugs with magnets underneath on the transmission/rear sump area. You should pull out as many as you can find and clean the magnets. When you pull the sump screen, you will find all kinds of crud/chips the first oil change. The screen will also have a grey sludge on it. Make sure you clean that screen up as well as possible before you put it back together.

/ 3535 first service
have not looked at the manuals yet but do you know if they give the locations of the plugs for the trans and the rear sump. also where is the sump screen located. thanks for all the info

/ 3535 first service
forgot to mention that the tractor is a shuttle. no hydro for this guy. if you ask me it is not worth the loss of power

/ 3535 first service #9  
Don't know about your trans, but main sump plug will probably be on the lower area of the main case. My drain plugs were all 1/2" NPT thread pipe plugs with about a 1/2" square head. All of them I found had magnets, and I cleaned and painted the heads red after I put them back in. My sump screen was on the right [ passenger side ]. Oblong casting held on by four bolts and had about a 1" hose coming into it. After you drain the sump with the drain plug, take the hose off the sump screen casting, then unbolt and pull the sump screen out. [ about six inches long or so ]. Like I said, first time, you will find all kind of krap and grey sludge on the screen that needs to be cleaned off. Feel around in the bottom of the sump area and check for more chips is a good idea, too..

/ 3535 first service
thanks jerryK for all the help and info
I think im going take the plunge and do it myself this weekend. from what you guys are telling me it is pretty simple