For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #61  
Good to see positive feedback on what started out as a negative experience for the original poster, which is unfortunate but seems to happen with any brand where there is a broken link in the chain, but I too have had a good experience with my Mahindra tractor, my local dealer and Mahindra Australia. A 3 year warranty here which seems to be well supported and beyond. A great robust no frills workhorse of a tractor.
I however gave up on another big brand name farm vehicle (USA product) I owned. 12 months warranty was useless with reports from me to the dealer about problems I had right from new, the Australian distributer showed no interest either, hence after 18 months of owning a dodgy product with no support and getting me down so I took the loss on it and traded it in on an equivalent Kubota brand.
Interestingly the new Kubota had a problem shortly after delivery which would be unusual I assume but my dealer just replaced the whole machine with another new replacement straight away so at this stage I can only say good things about my Kubota dealer as well.

My advice regardless of what you may think of a product or brand whether big name or not would be to try and get a good sense of your dealers integrity and their relationship with the supplier. I too believe that it will be more important than the brand itself, so long it is half decent of course, which most things seem to be these days. Things happen beyond our control though sometimes which is when we just have to roll with the punches and try not to lose too much sleep over it.