Backhoe bucket under warranty?

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty? #1  

moparrob

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota M59
Hello- have any of you had a broken bucket replaced under warranty? I've been waiting about a week to hear if it will be covered. I can weld it and reinforce it, but I'd rather get it replaced, since I bought the tractor mainly because of the warranty. Meanwhile, my project is at a standstill and winter is fast approaching.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty? #2  
Curious....what broke?

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty? #3  
Surprised that the bucket would break. Was it a light duty bucket?

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty?
The bucket is the 12" that came with the tractor. It started with a crack between the teeth and then the cast or forged piece which the teeth attach to completely busted apart, tearing away from the thin sheet metal the rest of the bucket is made from. If i fix it myself, i'll definitely weld more material (probably 1/4" plate) onto the rest of the bucket. I hope they let me keep the broken bucket so i can make a custom bucket later.

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty? #5  
"sheet metal" ?

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty? #6  
I've got the same loader/bucket as you and I can't imagine it breaking or calling it sheet metal.

Did you hook it on something immovable or something?

The bucket bottom and back appears to be made of very thin steel, welded to the casting which holds the 3 digging teeth. I was digging in rocky soil, but I wouldnt think the hydraulic forces are that strong considering the relief valve setting.

/ Backhoe bucket under warranty? #8  
The bucket bottom and back appears to be made of very thin steel, welded to the casting which holds the 3 digging teeth. I was digging in rocky soil, but I wouldnt think the hydraulic forces are that strong considering the relief valve setting.

Your hydraulics should stall out before the bucket breaks. I would say it is a warranty issue for sure and maybe ask for a stronger built bucket.

I'd guess that the thin steel is about 1/16" thick, so maybe not sheet metal, but definitely thinner than I'd build it.