Brush guard??

/ Brush guard?? #1  

KENB

Silver Member
Tractor
MAHINDRA 4110, Ford 2N
Today, pushing a brush pile, a small branch pushed on the grill of my 4110, and VOILA there is already a crack. AMAZING, I had my Ford 2N for years without a dent or major scratch on the hood. The Mahindra 4110 body is very heavy duty, but that hood is panty waste lightweight period. I am just calling the way I see it. Maybe all new tractors have hoods and grills made of lightweight plastic. Every time I use this tractor something cosmetic deteriorates. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Guess it is past time to buy a brush guard.

/ Brush guard?? #2  
"Guess it is past time to buy a brush guard."

Sorry to here about your incident . A brush guard just might save the radiator next time ,so maybe it is not to late after all .
Big Al

/ Brush guard?? #3  
No Ken, my Kioti has a steel hood and expansion metal grills. That said, I have dented slightly the grill in the front with brush which happened early on, but it wasn't serious at all. The grill is very strong. If you do buy a "brush guard" you'll find that it's a good idea to have some expansion metal welded into it to fill in the large gaps in the guard because small limbs will just go right between the large openings. You can have a local welder do that for you and it should cost much at all. John

/ Brush guard?? #4  
<font color="blue"> Maybe all new tractors have hoods and grills made of lightweight plastic. </font>
No, not all. At least the nose of my Massey is steel.

/ Brush guard?? #5  
Only plastic on the "00" series is on the seat cover and knob for the throttle/hydraulics. Sorry to hear about your incident. Maybe a plate with holes in it like a Cat's grill would be the ticket (1/4" steel with a bunch of 1/2" holes drilled in it, bolted to the front somehow. I personnaly don't care a hoot about looks as long as the protection is there. BobG in VA