2555 blowing engine stop fuse

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #1  

baxley804

Tractor
none
I have a 2015 2555 with 62 hours that keeps blowing the 10 amp engine stop fuse. It will blow it when you turn the key to activate the glow plugs and when you turn the key to engage the starter. Any ideas of whats going on?

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #2  
Short in the GP circuit.Disconnect GP strip or heat coil and try it.:thumbsup:

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #3  
Check your wires to the plug and be sure a mouse hasn't made a home recently.

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse
Yes, I had a bare wire on the wiring harness under the hood.

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #6  
Do you know the general location? Any other information would be MUCH appreciated and hopefully save me trip to dealer.

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #7  
The most common place is behind the dash were the harness has to make a hard bend and rubs against a length of metal

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse
The most common place is behind the dash were the harness has to make a hard bend and rubs against a length of metal

That's where mine was worn.

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #9  
That's where mine was worn.

Blown fuses is almost always the result of a frayed wire somewhere. That's why they put the fuses there in the first place. Wires are sized to the load and while fuses are sized to the wire. The real purpose of a fuse is to keep what ever it's protecting from catching fire. Whether it's your tractor, car, home, airplane or whatever a fuse does the same job.

/ 2555 blowing engine stop fuse #10  
Finally found my problem. Insulation rubbed off wire closer down behind fuel pump against black painted hard fuel line right at gray plugjack. I have pictures but can't figure out how to post here.