clutch problems

/ clutch problems
You may have a defective temp sending unit or the wire could be grounding out, on the oil light if its full of oil you might hook up a temporary after market oil pressure gauge to see what kind of pressure it's holding

/ clutch problems
Hey flusher how did you block your clutch down, there's nothing on mine to do that (anything oem anyway)

/ clutch problems #23  
Hey flusher how did you block your clutch down, there's nothing on mine to do that (anything oem anyway)

There is a spring wire doohickey on the clutch pedal that you use to lock the clutch down. Just push the pedal down and flip the wire catch so it locks the pedal down. You do it when you're standing off the tractor unless you're some kind of a contortionist.
It's there so the clutch pressure plate doesn't rust itself to the flywheel during long periods of storage.

/ clutch problems #24  
But what is are long periods of storage time that one might should hold the clutch down so the it wont stick to the fly wheel and or pressure plate?

/ clutch problems #25  
Is it the clutch rusting to the pressure plate and flywheel or the clutch splines rusting to the output shaft? I remember JD about 15 years ago having the same issue with there 5000 series tractor. Solution was splitting the tractor and lubing shaft splines.:confused:

/ clutch problems #26  
But what is are long periods of storage time that one might should hold the clutch down so the it wont stick to the fly wheel and or pressure plate?

If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't have a tractor at all. LOL
If you live in the Sahara desert, don't worry about it eva but if you live in Washington state, if you're gonna leave it for two days, lock it down.

/ clutch problems #27  
my 3016hst has a 'clutch' pedal. is it the same type as in a geared unit or it it just some way to divert or stop hydraulic fluid flow?

l ask because there's a wire on the pedal designed to be able to be hooked to hold the pedal down.

The hook you referred to is used for long term storage to prevent the the clutch from rusting fast to the flywheel as per my DSR.

/ clutch problems
Thanks for the info, I looked all over and my 07 4500 doesn't have anything like that, but ill figure out a way to do it, that's always half the fun isn't it

/ clutch problems #29  
If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't have a tractor at all. LOL
If you live in the Sahara desert, don't worry about it eva but if you live in Washington state, if you're gonna leave it for two days, lock it down.

I must be close to the Sahara desert, cause I've left my clutch unhooked for 5 days several time's before.

/ clutch problems #30  
I would think greasing the clutch spline would make clutch dust stick to the spline, causing the clutch not to move away from the pressure plate.