Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod)

/ Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod) #1  

JoeyDude

Tractor
Mahindra Max 28XL
I recently add a 12 volt outlet to the dash of my tractor ( http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing/349764-12-volt-outlet-mahindra-max28.html ) and figured while I was at it and had everything apart, I might as well add a horn.

IMG_6101b.jpgI ran a dedicated line from the battery to the dash (using the same wire loom I used for the 12 volt outlet), and installed a Carling Contura (SPST momentary) horn switch right next to the previously installed 12 volt outlet. The best place I could find space for the horn was right under the loader arm on the left side, by the leading edge of the floor.
IMG_6105b.jpg This view is the left side of the tractor facing rearward. It would have been nice to find a more protected place for the horn but there just isn't enough room anywhere else. I figure as inexpensive as a replacement horn would be and the ease of access of this spot, I wouldn't worry too much about it breaking.

It works well and is very loud, about 110 db.

/ Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod) #3  
Looks factory! The switches and outlet. Horn not so much but like you said...no big deal.

/ Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod) #4  
What the heck do you need a horn for on a tractor? You don't go fast enough to blow it for anyone in your way.. Most times people blow at me... I road a lot with my tractors, 23mph in high range top gear. It ain't a car????

/ Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod) #5  
What the heck do you need a horn for on a tractor? You don't go fast enough to blow it for anyone in your way.. Most times people blow at me... I road a lot with my tractors, 23mph in high range top gear. It ain't a car????
But you might come across a road runner you want to warn before running over, beep beep.

/ Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod) #6  
Reminds me, I have a horn for my L39 that is all prewired that I never bothered to install. Thanks for reminding me.

/ Mahindra MAX 28XL horn (mod) #7  
Coulda shoulda but a train horn on it while you were at it. :laughing:
Of course you would have had to add an air compressor too but that's always handy to have.