3-Point Hitch 2615 3PT won't go up or down using the control lever

/ 2615 3PT won't go up or down using the control lever #1  

azgreenb

I've got a 2615 that's probably about 8 years old and only has 100hrs on it. I used it over the winter to clear the little snow that we had. At that time the 3pt worked ok. I then went to use it and noticed that the 3pt wouldn't go up. I reached under the seat and pulled the feed back arm and raised it up and went about my work. Since that time, I haven't been able to raise or lower the 3pt using the control lever. I can raise it by pulling on the feedback arm and I can lower it by adjusting the speed control valve. I've read a couple of other forum posts where there was dirt build up under the seat. After a cleaning and spray with some penetrating lube, they posted that the 3pt was back in working order. I've tried the same thing. Along the way I've even had to replace the control lever arm assembly because the cast piece that attaches to the hydraulic shaft broke.

So at this point, I've cleaned and lubed everything. Replaced the hydro filter under the seat. Replaced the control lever. Taken off all of the external parts that are connected to the control arm apart and inspected for damage. Everything looks good. My next step is to have the dealer take it, but if there is something else I can try???? My fluid levels are all good. The tractor is stored in a pole barn.

Thanks

/ 2615 3PT won't go up or down using the control lever #2  
Turn the knob on the seat riser WAY out and see if the 3pt drops.

/ 2615 3PT won't go up or down using the control lever
I have turned the knob and it does drop. However, I've been searching old posts on 3pt issues when I came across this one: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...2015-3pt-stuck-up-position.html?highlight=3pt
The last post talks about the final arm in the the lift linkage. I am thinking that this must be where my issue is. I've taken everything else apart, there is just very little travel in the pivot points. So it must be stuck/frozen/rusted at this point. Gonna get a new can of penetrating oil and soak it tonight.

/ 2615 3PT won't go up or down using the control lever
So after spraying down everything with both WD40 and Liquid Wrench penetrating oil, the 3pt would still not go up or down. I bought a new can of PB blaster and literally one spray and she broke free. I then ran the 3pt up and down many more times, spraying several more times and thing are back to normal. Frustrating that it took as long as it did to get it back and working, but thankful that it only took a $3 can of oil to get it working again.

/ 2615 3PT won't go up or down using the control lever #5  
little TLC goes a long ways