Mahindra rotary cutter

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #1  

mcfarmall

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5660, Farmall C, JD 260 lawn tractor
Anybody here own a Mahindra brand rotary cutter? Looking for firsthand experiences, reviews, etc.. They look pretty beefy from the literature and descriptions but I haven't laid hands on one yet to give it the once over. This summer I need to rebuild the hitch on my 30 year old King Kutter to incorporate a clevis style mount for the lower links and a floating type third link hookup. Not having a floating third link has caused the A-frame to twist and the lower link pins to begin to point forward. I will post before and after pictures when I get started on the project...should be fun and I have great expectations on improved performance and handling.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #2  
Anybody here own a Mahindra brand rotary cutter? Looking for firsthand experiences, reviews, etc.. They look pretty beefy from the literature and descriptions but I haven't laid hands on one yet to give it the once over. This summer I need to rebuild the hitch on my 30 year old King Kutter to incorporate a clevis style mount for the lower links and a floating type third link hookup. Not having a floating third link has caused the A-frame to twist and the lower link pins to begin to point forward. I will post before and after pictures when I get started on the project...should be fun and I have great expectations on improved performance and handling.

Does this look familiar? I think either would serve you. Don't know if the Mahindra branded one is more expensive or to what different specs they may be built to. To me, having a clean, unobstructed bottom is essential. Much easier to clean.

Attachments

• Kodiak-Rotary-Cutter.jpg
    Kodiak-Rotary-Cutter.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 1410886238.jpg
    1410886238.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,124
   / Mahindra rotary cutter #3  
Good answer arrow, I guess you could review the Kodiak and basically get the same review for the Mahindra Brand. The website needs some polishing to be able to readily answer these questions. Mahindra is plenty big enough to get it done.........

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #4  
I,too,think they are made by Kodiak.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #5  
I own the 60in. Kodiak. I got mine from Agri Supply in Lumberton NC. I talked to them and they confirmed that Kodiak makes them for Mahindra.
I then talked to my Mahindra dealer and he confirmed it was indeed the same as Kodiak.
I only have 1 summer on mine but so far i'm very happy with it. One thing I did like is the stump jumper. It is 5/8 in. flat steel instead of the thin oval shaped disk. Hope this info helps you a little

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #6  
I have a Mahindra cutter, the manual that comes with it states it is a Kodiak cutter. I really like the flex point in the top link for using around my mountains. I would surely have it twisted without it. Honestly I think it's fairly unbreakable as far as cutters of the same size and price go...

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #7  
Yup - As noted above, Mahindra Implements = Kodiak. Not bad units at all for lower priced implements. I have a 6' Medium Duty cutter and it is a beast. 2"+ saplings and firewood size debris from logging cleanup with no problems. I should have got the thicker gauge HD, but I never would have guessed I would be able to hit such big material. The floating top bracket that Sysop mentioned is great, as well as clevis pins, slip clutch, extra bracing on deck and high HP gearbox. These are the differences from SD. Mine being a MD has some battle scars where logs and saplings have dented and dinged the deck and sides in a few places, but that is my fault for not getting the heavier gauge deck. It cuts grass and weeds like butter. Check out these great vids.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #9  
The videos above point out the features that pushed me to stay with the Mahindra branded Kodiak stuff. (Fully welded decks, single pieces of deck, smooth underbelly, strong tail wheels, etc...)

Good luck!

After cutting smaller.jpg

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #10  
image-4159318007.jpg

My dealer has these Titans on the lot. I went with medium duty with slip clutch and it's a solid piece and looks more like the Mahindra on the top welds than the Kodiak does. My dealer said he could get me Mahindra brand, but would cost several hundred more. I've got about 15 hours of heavy woods cutting and it's a beast.