Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap.............

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #1  

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
....during a trip to NH yesterday.

I struck up a conversation with him. He said he has a large full time farm and had a JD for years, but needed something with more power. He got a 'big' Mahindra and when he got it home, he decided he could have saved some money by getting one a bit smaller, as the one he got has a tremendous amount of power, much more than he needs.

I asked him what model/hp he got.

He said, "I don't know'.

:confused2:

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #2  
Sounds like a troll in the flesh.... most post on our topics here, he lured you in with the hat, and did it in real life!

'I don't know.....'

I could rattle off the model of every tractor owned by myself, my dad, my friend, and my father in law... totaling 10.

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #3  
Just a 'Tractor Wannabe' who probably got the cap from a friend who does have one.

I have a Mate from Queensland who came down for a visit. I checked him out on both of my rigs and then set him to work on them (Oh I was 'supervising' him... with a cup of coffee in my hand & my arse in a lawn-chair :rolleyes:). I gave him one of my JD ballcaps.

I doubt that he would be able to rattle off the details of my tractors, but there again, he wouldn't even try to.

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #4  
....during a trip to NH yesterday.

I struck up a conversation with him. He said he has a large full time farm and had a JD for years, but needed something with more power. He got a 'big' Mahindra and when he got it home, he decided he could have saved some money by getting one a bit smaller, as the one he got has a tremendous amount of power, much more than he needs.

I asked him what model/hp he got.

He said, "I don't know'.

:confused2:

I am thinking he was one of those "all hat and no cattle" kind of guys.. all hat and no tractor.:)

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #5  
I am thinking he was one of those "all hat and no cattle" kind of guys.. all hat and no tractor.:)

Kind of like those blokes who buy/wear pre-stressed caps. False advertising wannabes.

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #6  
I got mine.....

20160724_110438.jpg

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #7  
UH OH:eek:..This isn't going to start another ball cap thread is it?:D

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #8  
I have a hard time believing this one. I was looking at thier website and they dont' even have a dealer in Nebraska and the closes dealer is in Glenrock WY and it some sort of 4 wheeler dealership. Next closes it in Denver.

Not mention their biggest tractor is barely 100 HP which is much smaller than what most farmers use.

At least around here no farmer in his right mind would buy a Mahindra as there is no place to buy or even have one serviced and there is a JD dealer within an hour of just about anywhere in the state.

I had a Bobcat CT445 and the other day I ran a similar sized John Deere with a brush hog. I was really impressed with the JD to be honest and I know it was being abused as a rental. Even with the extra cost I'd consider them if I bought another tractor.

Last edited:
   / Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #9  
Just like the guys with Harley Davidson hats and stickers on their truck windows....but have never ridden a motorcycle much less owned one.

And the guys that used to try to strike up a conversation about my bikes with stuff like, "Yeah, I used to have a Kawasaki GSXR 1200 but I had to get rid of it or I'd have killed myself." (Suzuki makes GSXR's, not Kawasaki, and they have been made in 600, 1000, 1100 displacements, the Hayabusa is a GSX1300R)

/ Saw a guy with a Mahindra cap............. #10  
Wow memories.... when I was a kid I had one of them Kawasaki LTD 1100's dam near killed my self lmao, I weighed about 130 lbs soaking wet when I was 18 years old lol!