Dirt Moving 6530 what size disk?

/ 6530 what size disk? #1  

RMOMN

Tractor
Mahindra 6530,Farmall H,John Deere 620
I'm starting to look for a 3pt disk for my 6530. What size without working the tractor to death?

/ 6530 what size disk? #2  
TractorData.com Mahindra 6530 tractor information

2-WD or 4-WD?

What tires, ags or industrials? Tires filled with air or liquid?

Are you going to be primarily smoothing after a plow? What size plow?

Or are you more interested in tilling in crop residue after Roundup?

/ 6530 what size disk?
   / 6530 what size disk? #4  
TL43 Series Tandem Lift Disc Harrows | Tufline

Consider Monroe Tufline TL43-972222.

Nominally 8' width but will be closer to 7' width when adjusted for work in the field.

9" spacing on the front, cutting gangs.

7-1/2" spacing on the rear, smoothing gangs.

22" diameter pans will both cut and smooth and should penetrate 8" to 9" in optimal soil conditions, if desired.

If you want your Disc Harrow wider, Tufline offers same in nominal 9'-6" width in T4X series. Your Mahindra 6530 will pull the 9'-6" T4X at speed, but it will grunt in the process.

I have a smaller version: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/332493-tandem-lift-disc-harow-monroe.html?highlight=

You want scalloped front pans to cut stubble. Unless you have a lot of 3" and larger rocks, or will pull Disc Harrow over 300 miles per year, go with scalloped rear rear pans as well. 22" scalloped pans will cut equivalent to 24" smooth pans, possibly a little better than 24" smooth pans.

Make purchase contingent on one coat of primer and two coats of top coat paint applied.

ADJUSTING DISC HARROWS: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing-three-point-hitch-mounted.html?highlight=

Last edited:
   / 6530 what size disk?
Thanks Jeff very helpful

/ 6530 what size disk? #6  
Got a buddy that runs a 12ft pull with his... he only digs it about halfway but does good for breakin ground for plots

/ 6530 what size disk? #7  
id stick with 8-9