Grading Newbie question

/ Newbie question #1  

Usmcsrt1

Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2555 HST
When I'm box blading and have the 6 spikes digging into the ground a few inches and I hit a buried stump or something else tough, do I need to worry about any of the 3 .pt hookups on the rear of the tractor breaking or bending? Is there a factory default with the tractor or the boxblade that will give first? 2555HST. Thanks!

/ Newbie question #2  
Impossible to say.

However, when pulling with the rippers down 3" to 4" in the soil you will be moving slowly.

Most Box Blade 'points' are crimp on. I have had two pop off over the years. Crimp on 'points' are one fail safe opportunity.

I use a Hydraulink Top Link when operating my Box Blade and several other implements. Before buying my Kubota L3560, I used the Hydraulink Top Link on my light 'B' series Kubota B3300SU. Besides making Top Link adjustment easier, the Hydraulink is a great shock absorber. I believe Hydraulink preserves welds on both tractors and implements. This may be your $250 answer. (Sold on eBay, Amazon and by your local Agri Supply)

VIDEO: HydrauLink Category 1 Cylinder - For 45 HP Tractors or Less, Model# HL-11 - YouTube

PHOTO: B3300SU/HydrauLink/Bush Hog (brand) 60" Rollover Box Blade.

Attachments

• DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
   / Newbie question
I just checked it out. Pretty interesting. Think I need one. Thanks!

/ Newbie question #4  
With HST I would thing you would come to a dead stop before breaking anything.I have stopped my 7,000 lbs tractor without breaking anything.

/ Newbie question #5  
When I'm box blading and have the 6 spikes digging into the ground a few inches and I hit a buried stump or something else tough, do I need to worry about any of the 3 .pt hookups on the rear of the tractor breaking or bending? Is there a factory default with the tractor or the boxblade that will give first? 2555HST. Thanks!
I would watch out for the stumps and not hit them.

/ Newbie question #6  
That link sure is an expensive shock absorber. :eek: Why is it always shown on a small tractor with someone reaching over the back to adjust it? I can't get anywhere near my top link from the seat. I guess it's just for small tractors then?

/ Newbie question #7  
HydrauLink is made in Category 1 and Category 2 Top Link sizes.

/ Newbie question #8  
Impossible to say.

However, when pulling with the rippers down 3" to 4" in the soil you will be moving slowly.

Most Box Blade 'points' are crimp on. I have had two pop off over the years. Crimp on 'points' are one fail safe opportunity.

I use a Hydraulink Top Link when operating my Box Blade and several other implements. Before buying my Kubota L3560, I used the Hydraulink Top Link on my light 'B' series Kubota B3300SU. Besides making Top Link adjustment easier, the Hydraulink is a great shock absorber. I believe Hydraulink preserves welds on both tractors and implements. This may be your $250 answer. (Sold on eBay, Amazon and by your local Agri Supply)

VIDEO: HydrauLink Category 1 Cylinder - For 45 HP Tractors or Less, Model# HL-11 - YouTube

PHOTO: B3300SU/HydrauLink/Bush Hog (brand) 60" Rollover Box Blade.

First I have seen one of these. Makes really good sense in my mind. Kind of expensive, but definitely on my wish list - Thanks for sharing!

Usmcsrt1 - As to the box blade hitting things, I have been known to grab roots and stumps with the Max 24 that used to run a 4' box blade. That thing would stop dead and spin. OR - once while looking back and boxblading in reverse, I hit a stump unexpectedly and it stopped so fast that I smashed my eye socket into the ROPS and ended up with 11 stitches just below my eyebrow. Dr and nurses did not believe my story... :eek:

With my heavier 2538 or your big 2555 I can see how a lot more force would be imparted to the implement and the tractor, but like Jeff noted, when you're ripping with all teeth down I assume you are moving relatively slow and I doubt anything catastrophic happens unless you do this chronically.

/ Newbie question
Thanks guys. I proceeded extremely slow and didn't have any issues.