Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga.

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga.
None. But I will say nothing my tractors have given me in the way of filter location compares to the oil filter change on my $65k 3500 Cummins.

Maybe that's part of the reason that Chrysler has had two taxpayer funded bailouts already and is now owned by Fiat. As I've been saying, Detroit is the example of exactly what NOT to do. LOL

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #23  
Maybe that's part of the reason that Chrysler has had two taxpayer funded bailouts already and is now owned by Fiat. As I've been saying, Detroit is the example of exactly what NOT to do. LOL

Unless Dodge changed things for the oil filter access- compared to the 2003-2012s,
With a lift, or even on ramps changing a Cummins equipped Rams oil filter is a less than 5 minute job.
It can be accessed directly from below.
many import cars with the filter mounted to the back of the block are a much bigger hassle. imo

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #24  
Unless Dodge changed things for the oil filter access- compared to the 2003-2012s,
With a lift, or even on ramps changing a Cummins equipped Rams oil filter is a less than 5 minute job.
It can be accessed directly from below.
many import cars with the filter mounted to the back of the block are a much bigger hassle. imo

I'm going to guess the answer is yes, they've changed. Not only can't the filter on my 2013 be changed from the bottom, it can't even be seen from the bottom. Comes out thru a small access window in the inner wheel well.

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #25  
I'm going to guess the answer is yes, they've changed. Not only can't the filter on my 2013 be changed from the bottom, it can't even be seen from the bottom. Comes out thru a small access window in the inner wheel well.

I have the same problem on my 2001.5 H.O. 6speed. Have to try to work a filter wrench on it with all the krap lines running under it. A few minutes of toil for endless hours of turbo whine'n diesel snorting driving fun......... :)

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #26  
Good tip. I may just do that on one end but you have to remove that pin in order to store the thumb out of the way then again to get it back into place for use. If they'd had a hydraulic thumb option, I'd probably have ordered it unless they priced it like they did the 3rd function.

I guess being in Texas you don't have the luxury of having the disty install them.

One poor guy on here bought a new tractor with a backhoe and his dealer gave him his hoe on a pallet. :laughing: I told him to take it back and make the dealer install the thing.

Mah will install the backhoe if we order it that way but we put plenty on for customers also. The thumbs are always on us though

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga.
I have the same problem on my 2001.5 H.O. 6speed. Have to try to work a filter wrench on it with all the krap lines running under it. A few minutes of toil for endless hours of turbo whine'n diesel snorting driving fun......... :)

Sometimes I have better luck with a strap wrench since you can usually work the strap around the filter without needing as much access as you do to fit a filter wrench. Ridgid Strap Wrench, 3-1/2 In Dia Cap 3134 | Zoro.com they come in different sizes, styles and materials. I have three or four of em so I can generally find one that will do the job.

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #30  
Navasot,

Wouldn't have an ANBH86 setting on the lot, would ya?

I do actually... no brackets or hoses just everything rigged mount forward... send me a pm