Which Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid?

/ Which Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid? #23  
   / Which Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid? #24  
First winter I had the original fluid that came in the machine. Next winter I had the tcs premium in it. I noticed no difference. I expect the hydraulics to be a little sluggish for a few minutes in cold weather.

/ Which Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid? #25  
The 3550 manual calls for GL4 SAE 80w fluid/oil. It then proceeds to list a bunch of brands that aren't available, with the exception of Mobil 424, and it is not in stock anywhere in my town. What the heck? Specs seem to be listed by tying to more popular tractor brands. There should be an updated list on this forum, stickied at the top. Adding to the mess is that I just need a quart or two to pre-fill the filter on the 50 hour break-in filter change. I don't want a 5 gallon bucket of Mobil 424 (or whatever is equivalent) sitting around for years waiting for the 1000 hour service.

Moving from antique gas burners to modern diesel is definitely a learning (or in this case, non-learning) experience. Since Mahindra tractors are made by multiple manufacturers, I don't trust myself to see a post that says use Brand A type B, when it's going in a Mitsubishi built one and mine is made elsewhere.

My Mahindra dealer went out of business, which left me high and dry, but Bob in San Antonio has been a great help. He said the Mahindra Universal Tractor Fluid is the same as John Deere HyGard J20C, so anything that meets that spec will be fine. It is API GL-4.

/ Which Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid? #26