Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

Default 3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)

I was brush cutting this morning for 2 hours, all was normal and tractor ran well and all gauges were in the normal range. Air temperature was around 80 degrees when I stopped for a drink of water and returned to tractor about 30 minutes later. Tractor wouldn't turn over and further checking showed that no electrical was working, no lights, horn, turn signals, no 4 way flasher etc. I checked PTO & trans range 4 times to make sure a safety switch wasn't open. I pulled and checked all fuses on dash panel & all were fine. I looked under the hood for a relay or fuse and couldn't locate any. I checked behind the dash and see if any hidden relays were and found what looks like a relay but I believe it is the Beru warming timer relay (0201010077). The electrical schematic shows a "maxi fuse" between the alternator & starter but I traced the wiring and see no fuse. I cleaned the battery terminals, no improvement. I left the tractor in the field and removed the battery and took it to an auto store where it tested fine (12.86 v & 1032 CCA). With no electrical device working I believe I have a blown fuse or relay somewhere. Any suggestions where to look? I do not have a "fan" switch on the dash as was mentioned in a previous post.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've added photos of left & right side of motor.
    3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)-3525-left-side-jpeg
    3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)-3525-right-side-jpeg
    Last edited by sawduster2; 07-24-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Default Re: 3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)

When you removed the battery did you check the hot plus side wire for fuses. Some tractors have a main fuse at the battery. Also, check the ground cable where it attaches to the frame.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

I traced the hot wire from the battery to where if I remember correctly was connected to the starter? Anyway, no fuse was observed.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Check post 9 of this thread. Many suggestions were offered but post 9 seemed to fix the problem.
    By the way, Welcome to TBN...........

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/m...ra-3525-a.html

Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

I reviewed your previous post from my smart phone out in the field and was hopeful but as I mentioned in my post I do not see any fuse or fan icon on my tractor dash. I have the fuse panel but I don't see any other possible fuse locations. Is it possible that fuse you refer to is on the firewall side of the panel?

Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Perhaps it's the ignition switch?
    Kubota B3200 with LA504 FEL and Woods HC54 brushhog

Looking for: Pallet Forks

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Quote Originally Posted by sawduster2 View Post
    I reviewed your previous post from my smart phone out in the field and was hopeful but as I mentioned in my post I do not see any fuse or fan icon on my tractor dash. I have the fuse panel but I don't see any other possible fuse locations. Is it possible that fuse you refer to is on the firewall side of the panel?
    He stated the location was under the dash on the left side. Maybe under a cover? I assume the fan icon is on a relay or fuse in that area.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

Tractor still stranded in the field & I'm still stalled on finding a possible "maxi" fuse that the dealer and manual claim is between the starter and alternator (I see no fuse that is physically between the starter & alternator). I reinstalled the battery, cleaned the posts and clamps, snugged the ground to frame & removed the ignition switch and had no current to the switch. No lights or accessories work.
    3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)-20160725_203206-jpg 3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)-3525-dash-right-jpg 3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)-3525-dash-left-jpg 3525 Electrical Died During a Pit Sto (Tier 2)-3525-relays-under-dash-jpg

I've attached photo's of my dash and unlike a previous post suggestion there is no "fan" icon housing a fuse. As darkness was advancing last night I noticed a couple of relays that are housed under the dash panel (floor level) on the left side. There is a band of gray trim between the transmission and dash as can be seen in the 3rd photo. I plan to remove this "trim" and see if I can find a fuse in this area.

My local Mahindra dealer has no idea where the fuse is and he called Mahindra USA in Texas and all they provide is there is a 30 amp fuse between the starter and alternator as show on the electric schematic. The dealer is willing to come and pick up the tractor but I shouldn't have to spend $500 to find a fuse on this tractor.

Anyone else have a suggestion where to look for a main 30 amp fuse on this 2007 Mahindra 3525 Tier 2 tractor (230 hours)?

Tractor
    LS U5030C

It is usually on the wire to the starter on some tractors. If it there look for a bulging spot in the wire all taped up. It would be under the tape not looking like a fuse at all.
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Quote Originally Posted by ozley View Post
    It is usually on the wire to the starter on some tractors. If it there look for a bulging spot in the wire all taped up. It would be under the tape not looking like a fuse at all.
    The 30 amp fuse is on the left side of tractor, looking at the dash from seat, below the instrument gauge cluster. It is not in the main fuse block. It blew on my tractor when it was new, I replaced it and 700 hrs later no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast