Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid?

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #1  

redinrush

Tractor
Mahindra Max26
Just reached my 50 hours with a Max26 and time for filters and fluids. Twice in the owners manual it says the front axel fluid is hydraulic transmission fluid. Ok I guess thats what I'll use, but when the dealer looked it up, their computer lists 80/90 gear oil. Any suggestions other than not wishing to mess with my warranty?

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #2  
LOL! Welcome to the wacky world of the Mahindra manual. :mur:

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #3  
gear oil - but do not know the exact type off the top of my head. others said trans oil or trans if an emeregency and you need to top off.

dealer said gear oil!!!!!

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #4  
Ask the dealer what they put in it and select the brand you want. That won't cost one red cent. As far as the manual it is probably right if you could read Indian (I guess) but something got lost in translation to English. I have the same problem with an "Ansung" made tiller from Korea. Like BlackOps said "dealer said gear oil".

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #5  
Drain it and see what's in it now. There's no mistaking the smell of gear oil vs. hydraulic fluid. :)

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #6  
Just reached my 50 hours with a Max26 and time for filters and fluids. Twice in the owners manual it says the front axel fluid is hydraulic transmission fluid. Ok I guess thats what I'll use, but when the dealer looked it up, their computer lists 80/90 gear oil. Any suggestions other than not wishing to mess with my warranty?

Any gears with high sheer loads or wet brakes/wet clutches? Some motor oils carry a gear lube spec on their label.

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #7  
hydro's - Hydraulic fluid

engine oil - 15w - 40 Rotella diesel oil

Front wheel oil - 80-w90 gear oil

that is what my notes say - dealer head tech told me this - i have a max 25 hst

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #8  
I think it was Dave's Tractor who said, the Mitsu made tractors should use hydro fluid. My 3016 Mitsu made manual says hydro. It came with hydro.

Your manual says hydro.

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #9  
this was provided by the head tech at the dealer. they work on mahindra all day so i am trusting him for the info.

/ Gear oil or hydraulic tranny fluid? #10  
Dave's Tractor is a dealer and a former West Coast distributor, and perhaps the most Mahindra knowledgeable member of this forum.

My Mitsu made Mahindra came with UTF and that's what went back.